KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BIZNIS: INTERVIEW SPOTLIGHT ON ORLANDO GROUP!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: BIZNIS: INTERVIEW SPOTLIGHT ON ORLANDO GROUP! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is an INTERVIEW with the upcoming ORLANDO group BIZNIS. Check it out below.

KM: Tell u more about the history of the group. How long have you been on the market?

BIZNIS: Well,biznis was the brain child of claudel s. one of the keybord players and composers in the band. My name is lou and i'm the drummer. Claudel's idea was instead of having a bunch of bands with major holes in them, why don't we have one solid band. At the time i was part of a different band so was he, neither one of us thought we could actualy pull it off but when we started calling the guys we had in mind, to our pleasant surprise everyone responded positively to the point we had to leave out some verry good talent, so in august 07 we started practicing, so we've been around a year.

KM: Orlando has yet to produce a serious Compas band on the market. How will you guys be different?

BIZNIS: Orlando has been the victim of a very serious problem that exists in this industry, it's hard to get real players to move in the citys where there isn't an active market. Guys go to miami, N.Y.C. area when they come from haiti, plus the few talented people who live in those cities,each guy has their own agenda, everyone wants to be known as the guy who put that city on the map, so you end up with a bunch of weak bands.

Lately i can say over the past couple of years there's been a migration of sort of some real good players from the miami area to orlando cause dade and broward county is overcrowded with musicians so guys are more willing to try their luck elsewhere, so we've taken advantage of that opportunity if you've had the misfortune to hear anything that was produced musically out of orlando which i have to say i was part of many of those musical fiascos, you'll quickly realize we're doing something different, to be mentioned among the best you have to play like the best.

KM: Do you think the fact that you are not based in New York, Haiti, or Miami, will hurt the band somehow in terms of being successful?

BIZNIS: Hopefully not. What we're really trying to achieve with BIZNIS is a serious matter. We have a legion of good musicians that are willing to give it all they've got to make this a success. The fact that in the HMI if a band is not from Miami, NY, or Haiti, it won't stand a chance, is an abberation and stereotypical. Not all bands from NY and Miami make it far in the HMI, so we would love for the fans to give us a chance and listen to the project before any condemnation because we are trying hard to run with the BIG BOYS and put Orlando on front street.

KM: How would you describe the STYLE OF COMPAS that BIZNIS plays for those that are curious?

BIZNIS: Well, our base style is Kompa(SON LA RI A) but we also have a variety in the way we write our songs. Some songs on the album are meant to make you cry, some will bring laughter, while some others will make you dance till you drop.

KM: How involved is FELDER ANTOINE of NU LOOK in the development of the group on the market?

BIZNIS: Because we are a young band, we need all the help we can get and Felder Antoine has been a blessing to BIZNIS so far. We are greatful to have him as part of the band.

KM: What are your plans for the immediate future with the band?

BIZNIS: We are currently working on the album which should be out sometime in August. Look out for a video for the Hit song 'My story'. We are practicing hard.

KM: Do any of the musicians in the group have experience with any other HMI bands?

BIZNIS: Yes. Valery (THE BAND LEADER) has been around for a while with D'ZEL, K-tel, kreyol,TOP Vice etc. Philo has been with 509, Ti Lou with Klassik Mizik and so forth, and the rest of us are hungry and determine to make it worth the sacrifice.

KM: How long do you think it will take before you guys actually become "serious" players in the HMI in terms of the bands on the market?

BIZNIS: As far as serious players,we are confident to run with the BIG BOYS.We have talented musicians,hungry players and perfectionists on our sides. All we're asking from the fans ,media and the skeptics is to open their hearts minds and souls to Biznis and accept us as their personal saviour.Smile

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TO LISTEN to the first 2 singles from the group BIZNIS, you can click on the link below to go to our KM UNDERGROUND section.

KM UNDERGROUND!
http://kompamagazine.com/kmboard/viewforum.php?f=16

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the interview...

After reading it, I went back and listened to MY STORY and it's not a bad single at all. I'm gonna take a previous poster's suggestion and make a concerted effort to give these new bands a chance.

Good luck Biznis!

Haitian Sensation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whats with the hairdo though...he's gonna scare the chicks away!!

yef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice interview!!! I only have one advice for biznis....Instead of hoping that your location won't hurt you, you should instead take responsibility to succeed in Orlando.

It's both easy and hard for you guys to achieve success.

Idea It's easy because you have no competition yet. Anything fresh and serious will take off.

Exclamation it's hard because you have no ties to the community. You need to show them you mean business, not by your music. If you guys get deeply involved in the community (Marketing, volunteer program, etc), you'll have a better chance of gaining their support because you will become one of them.

Arrow So don't just focus on the album, focus rather on establishing solid ties within the community. Become a household name within your community and they will come out to support you. You will have your own fan base and promoters like that Exclamation

Good luck!!!

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would really like to give business a chance but they need to market themselves better.

Most people in TAMPA don't even have a clue about BIZNIS... come on ti mesye, try to conquer your backyard.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: