KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

VAVAL BLASTS STAFF POZE FOR ORLANDOFEST REMARK (SOUNDBITE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Celestinos keeps throwing flowers and it doesn't look like he's about to stop any time soon.Very Happy

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will not go on an opinion battle with Vaval or any poster on this thread, I gave my views about the festival: the good points, the bad points and I also gave kudos to Vaval for being a good Show Director... in my post and here is an excerpt of what I said...
I think that however Vaval can be a great Stage Director...keeping the timing and directing performers on the set and back stage....So, for Vaval to say that my posts are always negatives...I will not agree to that at all....I gave kudos and I also say what I don't like...The paying public has the right to criticize the show...applaud when necessary and boo if needed...at least we have learned that much from Nicolas Boileau (Litterature Française) .

Personally I don't have anything against the man, I only see him on stage, we have not yet met or ever shake hands....so I don't know him. I respect what he is doing in the HMI and his contribution to the festivals in N.Y and FL...
I said that Vaval don't have the voice for this kind of job...now he is talking about what he did to calm down the public at one of his shows....that has to do with CHARISMA...NOT VOCAL....I will not deny that he has charisma....but that was not the essence of my post....I was talking about the VOCAL and not his ability as a show producer/director....all the rest of his conversation to Blast STaFF PoZé can only show how he accepts critics...This kind of reaction (fache...map reponn li) usually happened when people who are used to "ti achtèt figi" and "ti sousou" gets to hear another "son de cloche" from someone who got the balls to say out loud what others were saying "en cachèt"...
Maybe when Vaval look at the tape he would realize that he had a bad day especially the parts before and after the voice of Master P....and I wish that someone can put both voices here for other to see the difference.... vocal delivery...that is.
I can understand that some people based their responses on their friendship with the man in question....we will really grow in this business when we stop acting on emotion/ti bagay zanmi/moun pa/fanatik this or that and learn to treat the subjects, learn to dissect the subjects and learn to critic the subjects for what the are: the SUBJECTS....and THE SUBJECT in question this time is: Vaval's voice as a MC...not Vaval the producer...not Vaval the charismatic leader/not Vaval the Show Director....
SA VOIX N'EST PAS CAPTIVANTE....
To those like Jimbo and even Vaval who wonder if I can host a show as a MC...let me tell you I handle the microphone very well...and I have done so on many occasions in French/Kreyol and English at the OAS, the French Embassy..The Baltimore Museum of Arts and at most activities in the Haitian community of DC/MD "so manyen tèt chen nou konen"....I have received many awards as a broadcaster/host/producer and most of them are not even from the Haitian community.
And one last thing...Vaval said that I keep on following him at Eisenhower every year....non zanmi ou fè fot...and that shows how egocentric you are....and that's what I'm trying to teach you when I used the kreyol word "toutist"...You can do a show but YOU ARE NOT THE SHOW....I don't follow YOU...I follow the KONPA....People travel for Djakout/T.Vice/Carimi and others...not for the producers or the host....pa bay tèt nou manti....

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OUCH!!!!!!!
All i got to say is the only problem i have with Vaval
se le misye pedi vwal not attractive at all
and as a MC sa pa sipoze rive-ou

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: