KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

VAVAL BLASTS STAFF POZE FOR ORLANDOFEST REMARK (SOUNDBITE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitian Sensation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vaval ti kriye!!! I just listened to your interview..I dont see the purpose of the attacks sou Staff la.. Lap bay Kritik epi thats it..He didnt enjoy listening to that screeching noise (your voice) and I dont either!! There was no need to disrespect the guy like that..STaff pa jounalis li pa si li pa sa!! WACK

kreyol_barbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing mezanmi ap fem ri ak soundbite sa

Vaval does know how to get a crowd attention. I don't mind him as a host at all. Vaval is the type, when he's involve in something he get very into it and hyper about it; thus, he always managed to lose his voice.

As far is the Orlando festival is concern, Yes, he did an excellent job managing the stage. Arrow

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso wrote:
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with Staffpoze on this one.

What I like about Vaval is the fact that he keeps it real in a respectful manner when addressing the crowd.

I remember back Pre-Labor Day Fest 2K5 when the festival was pressed for time and most of the major bands hadn't performed. More importantly, the crowd was getting very impatient. What did Vaval do, he cut down on the remaining bands' performance time so they could all perform. He managed to deliver what the festival had promised, which was to have all the advertised bands performed.

Vaval knows how to work a crowd, he's very good at time management. So what if his voice is not the greatest but who cares, certainly not the festival crowd that I've witnessed him hosted the past couple of years. Personally, I'll take Vaval at any given time over any english-speaking host at a Haitian festival.

Ave'w Map Mache Vaval.

Did I mention he expresses himself very well? Wink Seriously, can't go wrong with Vaval as a festival host in my opinion.

But, gro, if i understand staff's point well, he is not too much concerned about the management part of the festival, he was simply talking about the MC job, the presentation, the voice, the delivery? A moin ke m pa konpran
An Mc, has to be to good, i do not care! Because, the public is the palm of your hands.
I have seen felix lami, i have seen bob lemoine and it is very difficult for me to swallow anything.
i do not know too much about that guy vaval and i do not know either if staff has some personal issues with him, but if you are presenter, you have to act as such! Again, i am just basing my response on what staff has said, assuming staff does not envy the guy's job.
point barre!

But, the funny part is where staff has called the guy "toutist"? Smile
A "toutist" is someone who wants everything for him! ki pa vle lot moun jwoin? That was a funny one Smile

Last edited by jeancelestin on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVE 1 QUESTION FOR YOU CELESTIN....Did you LISTEN to VAVAL's AUDIO SOUNDBITE?

YES OR NO?

KM!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
I HAVE 1 QUESTION FOR YOU CELESTIN....Did you LISTEN to VAVAL's AUDIO SOUNDBITE?

YES OR NO?

KM!

Pat, my response is in this sentence:
Quote:
Again, i am just basing my response on what staff has said, assuming staff does not envy the guy's job

I am giving staff the benefit of the doubt here! N
To answer you directly, no i have not! When i listen to it, if my opininon changees, i will do so here
Thanks

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CELESTIN

Had you listened to BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY, then perhaps your opinion on the matter would have been more credible. But you based it ONLY ON STAFF POZE's comment, therefore, I guess it is not a fair or complete assesment on your part.

Thanks CELESTIN.

PS: If you were going to listen to the interview, you would have done so already. We've had it on for 2 days.

MERSI BROTHER.

KM!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have just listened to the guy. If that is his voice, unless, he was tired and lost his voice, i will go with staff poze's assertion!
The guy a bad voice, in my opinion. Again, i do not know the guy that much, but for a first time, i am not that impressed. And i stand by my previous comments!
By the way, that valval guy is very reactive! Au lieu pou misie pran kritik positiveman, li pran negativeman! Misie voye fle net
By the way, kestion de journaliste misie ap pale, se ou mot ki utilize pejorativement! Tout moun gin dwa rele tet yo journaliste! Ou gin dwa ou bon journaliste, but ou pa ou bon MC and vice versa
Donc, misie reagi negativeman! m panse se pie misie staff tap rale
Misie chante tou, pou li pedi vwa nan eta sa?
By the way, vaval has understand that on that particular day his voice might not have been on point? Tout neg kon fe ou move kou!
But, his reactions really have left a lot of people to desire!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Celestin, a good MC doesn't necessarily have to have a "chelbe voice" like Pat mentioned. You can be the most eloquent speaker out there and not be able to control the crowd and earn their respect. Vaval, on the other hand, does control the crowd, he does get his respect from them, thus able to host his audience.

Like I mentioned before, I'll take Vaval over a lot of so-called MCs out there.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From looking at the end product you could agree with Staff Poze however, when I look at the whole picture, Vaval grip might have contributed to the organizational success of the festival . I saw him in action for 3 days, this guy immersed himself into the job he is doing, I don't think he would notice any of the complaints. He gave three hundred percents as such he became hyper. That's why I mentioned that he should be more relaxed from the press conference thread.
Next time better coordination with 2 or 3 other mcs would help.
I wish them the best of luck for next year.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CELESTIN based on the AUDIO INTERVIEW where he is conducting a Q&A session...you made your judgement on his MASTER OF CEREMONIES capabilities?

MERSI BROTHER...RESPECT Rolling Eyes

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: