KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

VAVAL BLASTS STAFF POZE FOR ORLANDOFEST REMARK (SOUNDBITE)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: VAVAL BLASTS STAFF POZE FOR ORLANDOFEST REMARK (SOUNDBITE) Reply with quote Back to top

Journalist/TV personality/HMI personality JEAN CLAUDE VAVAL (Junior Vaval) was extremely miffed at STAFF POZE's blasting of him as an MC at the ORLANDOFEST. Read the quotes by STAFF POZE below in his review of the show, followed by the link to listen to VAVAL'S SOUNDBITE

STAFF POZE QUOTE: "The most negative part of the program was the MC Vaval.....his voice was not there and this Master of Ceremony job is definitely not for him....many people had to endure it at the Labor Fest in N.Y ...but to have him again in Orlando was a disgrace....I understand that he may invest or be one of the organizers...but MC is not for this guy at all.....This is the reaction of a "Toutist"...Bèf pou Roi Savann pou Roi...it's my ball I must play and I set the rules....it is O.K if you are tripping with your friends but when people come to a show the MC has to be on point...and when another gentleman get on the mic (Master P) he delivered so well that the reporters from Haiti were saying "Ou kwè Vaval ap tounen nan micro sa anko"....but what they didn't know is that Vaval "bwè dlo micro" and he didn't even realize what others have seen....about his poor delivery.

I think that however Vaval can be a great Stage Director...keeping the timing and directing performers on the set and back stage.....so please for the Labor Day fest.....please....get an MC and stay back stage to direct the show....

*CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO LISTEN to the SOUNDBITE
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/vaval.wav

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AFTER THE FIRST 2 MINUTES of the interview VAVAL WAKES UP and his voice becomes "ALIVE" and starts blasting away.

KM!

Vaginald3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

poukisa tout dilatwa saaa, poukisa pou misye blayi tout CV li bay moun.

staff mentionner ke voix ou pat all that

mr vaval accepter ke voix li pat on point.......point final

ou travay du, c nomal ou ka pedu voix ou, afe vinn di intel pa jounalis, c negativite seulement

staff ba ou props comme directeur stage, poukisa ou oblije vinn di pa gen aucun festival ou paka pa travay .

voix ou pat all that, epi chillax.

eske ou gen issue avec staff ds le passe ? Laughing

mwen pa kwe ke chak moun ki bay yon move comments sou ou, pou oblije vinn reponn

siw pako river montreal ou pako ka we bel festival

Clifton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A bon nou we sa, Neg se pa dlo MC li bwe anko non, e li pa ka anime public la tou non, fok misye bay yon lot mounn yon chans. Gen yon atis ki bwe dlo MC to wi, nap vinn sou sa pi ta Arrow Arrow Depi atis paret nan bal mounn li toujou fe yo we l pou yo ka rele l vinn chante Arrow

Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with Staffpoze on this one.

What I like about Vaval is the fact that he keeps it real in a respectful manner when addressing the crowd.

I remember back Pre-Labor Day Fest 2K5 when the festival was pressed for time and most of the major bands hadn't performed. More importantly, the crowd was getting very impatient. What did Vaval do, he cut down on the remaining bands' performance time so they could all perform. He managed to deliver what the festival had promised, which was to have all the advertised bands performed.

Vaval knows how to work a crowd, he's very good at time management. So what if his voice is not the greatest but who cares, certainly not the festival crowd that I've witnessed him hosted the past couple of years. Personally, I'll take Vaval at any given time over any english-speaking host at a Haitian festival.

Ave'w Map Mache Vaval.

Did I mention he expresses himself very well? Wink Seriously, can't go wrong with Vaval as a festival host in my opinion.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of working a festival....I BACK UP VAVAL 100%. I remember one time at the FOS BARON FESTIVAL, the crowd was booing its lungs out, and VAVAL came on the stage, took the microphone, and BOLDLY/BLUNTLY said "NOU POKO FINI? Leu nou fini na di'm". Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy He did NOT say it in a challenging way, but the way that he said it, to my surprise, the crowd calmed down, and the festival continued.

VAVAL is a DANM GOOD MC if you ask me. He might not have the "chelber voice", but his voice still gets respect, and most importantly....ATTENTION!

Like VAVAL said...senble "YO POKO AP PRAN MICRO FESTIVAL NAN MIN LI". Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

KM!

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But problem nan seke ayisien pa rinmin pran ti kritik mem mem! I didn't think Staff's observation was done in a mean-spirited or disrespectful manner. Li selman bay opinion'l so sak pat fel plezi...Pa gin rezon pou Vaval miff la mezanmi.

Jus di mesi epi wa fe plis jefo prochenn fwa...simple!

JimBo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SAM TA RENMIN KONNEN NOM YO BY POU STAFFPOZE A COULD HE HAD DONE A BETTER JOB LE MEM Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

se tout dwa Staff la pou li kritike Vaval...
se dwa Vaval tou pou li reponn a kritik la....
fok mwen di tou ke Vaval toujou fe yon oustanding job lan Pre-Labor Day Festival e lan preparation festival..
and we are proud to have him in our team...

Haitian Sensation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

he keeps losing his voice all the time... Vwa misié toujou en wé!! He does a good job though!!! Like some u mention he does get respect from the crowd.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: