Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - "Nothing Is Wrong With Zenglen CD"
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

"Nothing Is Wrong With Zenglen CD"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenglenMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: "Nothing Is Wrong With Zenglen CD" Reply with quote Back to top

I Finnaly Got My Hands On The Cd,And I'm A Huge Zenglen Fan and At First I Was Reluctant to Get it At First after the way u Guys Were Bashing the Disc But I've Played It And I've Gained My Favorite Songs On It,So Far So Good For Kenny Overall I Give Him A 7.5 Out Of 10,Mind U He's Carrying Gracia's Style Expectations From Fans On His Back,Where as Regi nd Frero Had 2 Seperate Duties (In Which They Made There Own Style),I've Seen A Major Turn Around From 509 Kenny To Now (As Pat Said) "Zenglified" Kenny,And I'm Loving His Style With The Band Its More Fan Slogan Friendly (Something Only Richie,Gracia Brung To The Band).The Thing That May Throw U Guys Off Was The Bands Maturity,To Me Its Pretty Obvious Where U Hear The Growth In The Songs,Here And There U Find Patterns Of Songs from The Past....{(5vites(5 dwet),Pap Tounen(MMS),Fos Destin(Kok Gage),Ti Bebe(Kotel Pwale)}... But Honestly I Think Kenny Passed The Test,Big Ups To El Pozo Bel GrOooove Dayummmm That Booyyy Got Better //Check Grooves On 5vites And Ti Bebe OMG WOYYYY!!!!///

Thanks Richie For Another Job On This well Written Product And Thank U Zenglen For Making Another Bomb As U May Call It,And Kenny Keep Up The Good Work...In The Words Of Gracia Yo Mele James...

Please If U Agree/Disagree With These Thoughts Please Share...

leodor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How many threads do we need for this album?

Mizik_Lakay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

leodor wrote:
How many threads do we need for this album?

Epa wap bay patne ya problem, this is a public forum..... if you don't like what he is talking about just move on to the next post. Afe makout sa dwe fini. Pa gen mounn ki rete avek mounn ici ya. Tout mounn ap punche.... Peye Bill. Mesi

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

>>>>>>> WELL...........................

>>>>>>> I must say and confess I have not hear this disc but I really don't have to. After more than ten years listening to this band I know what they are capable of doing.

>>>>>>> If what I heard live last week is any indication then I AGREE WITH YOU.

>>>>>>> I am telling you, this band is back. The FENIX BIRD of KOMPA MUSIC, DID IT AGAIN: back from the ashes, back from the dead.

ZENGLEN IS BACK!!!!

My post ZENGLEN'S KOMPA EVOLUTION; OUTSTANDING!!......will come sometimes.

It is really outstanding. I was so please to hear ZENGLEN taking KOMPA one step further.

SUAV MIZIK, GABEL, KETEL KREYOL, BELJAZZ, 5 ETWAL.....keep practicing, keep playing. The legendary ZENGLEN had just raised the bar.

Mexkompa Roots

PS ZENGLEN ALWAYS.

KOmpa is really getting KOZMIK (copyright USAHAITIAN 2007) really; its getting awesome. Now we are getting many bands deserving top spot, many bands playing great music, not longer will there be a number one band, but lots of bands playing at great level.........finally the day is coming! Kompa music will explode internationally. CONGRATULATIONS.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The CD is good. I really do like it a lot.

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THERE IT GO!

I knew it will just be a matter of time. It has to be. That is not a commercial disc so it will take time for people to understand it and digest it.

Haitianone like it and I respect his opinions so there it go.............

Mexkompa Roots

PS People give this disc time and listen to it several times. I listened to it live and its complex, its not easy to digest. This is not KOMPA GATITO, this is HARD CORE, HEAVY METAL, STRAIGHT UP KOMPA DIREKT 2008!

Music for sensibilities of another level.
Music for artistic ears.
If you are used to Kompa gatito (mcdonals, burgerking) it will take time for you to learn to appreciate a FILET WITH BERNAISE SAUCE FILLED WITH SCARGOTS. fine dinning folks!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen gen inpresyon ke moun ki di cd ya pa bon, poko menm tande'l... Rolling Eyes

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

>>>>> OK.

>>>> I just came back from LITTLE HAITI, where I stopped by GALAMIX to bought the new ZENGLEN disc.

>>>> I will listen to it and give a fair review. Of course I could be wrong. I have been defending Zenglen, Kenny and this disc based on what happened in the past, based of my faith in their ability, based on what I heard live the other day.

>>>> In order to be fair and balance I do need to listen to it and I promised to give out a review of exactly what I hear. If its not good I promise I will say so.

Mexkompa Roots

PS so see u soon, for the review. the NU LOOK disc was sold out!!! Shocked

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have made it no secret that I never really stayed updated on Zenglen's music after the Gary Didier Perez "A nou alez" days, but hearing the MWEN PAP TOUNEN song in the car on my way home from work in Haiti changed that. The first cd I asked for at the booth at the festival was Zenglen's, unfortunately they were out, but I will get one as soon as I get back home tomorrow. I still haven't heard the entire album but Mwen Pap Tounen, Jere Sexy W and the other tracks I heard from the album that we kept playing in the car on our way to and from Orlando has got me hooked.

Casanova21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also am a fan of this CD I saw some negative post about it but didn't deter me from purchasing this CD. In my opinion Richie did it again. Jere Sexy is one of my top songs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: