KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

PIPO.LAPORTE.JENSEN: BEST/WORST HMI MOMENT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: PIPO.LAPORTE.JENSEN: BEST/WORST HMI MOMENT! Reply with quote Back to top

In our ASK THE HMI STARS segment, we asked PIPO (BELJAZ), LAPORTE, and JENSEN (Phantoms) what their BEST and WORST experiences are SO FAR as a member of the HMI community as a musician. This is what each one of them told me.

PIPO: "HAITI TWOUBADOU CONCERT in Haiti to me was the BEST HMI EXPERIENCE that I have had so far in the business. Artists from different generations getting together on the same stage SAN HIPOCRIZI just having fun."

"MY WORST EXPERIENCE so far as an HMI artist has been THE PUBLIC'S JUDGEMENT OF ME. The way that the people just take certain minimal issues and make it bigger, and with that they have put a tag on me. I usually turn all negative issues into positives. The fans and the media have to do with that.

LAPORTE: "MY BEST EXPERIENCE as an HMI artist so far was with my old group KAZAK in Haiti. A lot of good memories, but there was one concert in particular at a festival au CAP in front of the cathedral. There were so many people there to see us, I still remember it back then."

"MY WORST EXPERIENCE was in Haiti when NU LOOK first started when we played aux CAYES. A rock was thrown on the stage, and we all ran off the stage in a hurry. Our SAX player at the time SANTIAGO fell while he was running. I don't think he ever went back to Haiti after that."

JENSEN: "MY BEST EXPERIENCE was the 1994 PHANTOMS TOUR OF HAITI. We were at the peak of our popularity That was the most impact that we ever had in Haiti. We were playing STADIUM LEVEL shows and the whole nine yards. We had limos, bodyguards you name it."

"MY WORST EXPERIENCE was the 1999 CARNAVAL in Haiti when Phantoms came out, and KINO was in the middle of a polemik with SWEET MICKY. The fans threw whatever they could get their hands on SOU CHAMP DE MARS at us. All that was encouraged by Sweet Micky.

Another experience was when PHANTOMS had a promotional campaign going in New York where we had people traveling with the group to go to Haiti. Some people took it upon themselves to involve themselves in the promotion, so we ended up having MORE PASSENGERS than we anticipated for the trip, therefore the PHANTOMS PLANE left without many people. TV host Jojo Lorquet gave out my address and people went over there and destroyed my office at my house. They broke the windows and all. My wife was in the house at the time."

KM!

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

funny ones especially from Pipo kel odas!!!!
i love them Pat thanks

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BELFANM...What's wrong with what PIPO said that made you say "KEL ODAS"?

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JENSEN, although it is sad to what people did to your office but you guys need to BLAME yourselves.
Se musiciens nou ye, nan ki afer organize voyage nou te ye.

Nou rinmin fer PUBLICITY STUNTS trop.. Rolling Eyes

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Because he said he turn negative things into positives
and the man has done nothing to clean up his bad image
Pipo bad attitude image is still intact as far as i am concern

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jensen pa bay vre rezon ki fe moun yo te voye dlo ak boutey sou cha Phantoms la...
Kino pat sou cha'a, yo te mete yon lot dread ki te sanble ak misye...
pep la te vexe paske yo panse ke Phantoms te pran yo pou inbesil...

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JAY BROOKLYN is saying that there was a "FAKE" KINO on the PHANTOMS float? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Let me see what JENSEN has to say about that.

KM!

Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ak visaj Pipo rete li di PAT
THE PUBLIC'S JUDGEMENT OF ME.
That extremely Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed of Pipo

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like reading these stuff Cool
as far as pipo I think he made it hard on himself......leaving possion was a mistake.

Laporte.....kazak was my fav band après tropicana....

Now I see why jenssen can't stand micky.its personal

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: PIPO.LAPORTE.JENSEN: BEST/WORST HMI MOMENT! Reply with quote Back to top

"MY WORST EXPERIENCE was in Haiti when NU LOOK first started when we played aux CAYES. A rock was thrown on the stage, and we all ran off the stage in a hurry. Our SAX player at the time SANTIAGO fell while he was running. I don't think he ever went back to Haiti after that."

Very Happy Lè ou wè nèg yo kanpe dèyè mikwo yo y ap voye monte w a konprann se yo ki sèl mèt latè. Mwen pa ta panse yon senp ti wòch ki voye ta fè nèg yo kraze rak nan eta sa a pou ap di pye sa m manje mwen pa ba ou. Jan Gazman frekan lè l ap bay fawouch mwen ta renmen atis la k ap kouri ! Very Happy

Nèg Timid
(Ti Sheriff Trankil La)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: