KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MIZIK MIZIK CD SONG BY SONG KM OFFICIAL REVIEW!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: MIZIK MIZIK CD SONG BY SONG KM OFFICIAL REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I procrastinated on this, now I finally got the chance to listen to all the songs on the cd. Here is the MIZIK MIZIK "SONG BY SONG" CD review like we've been doing.

*MAL: The GEM of the cd. The song that caused me NOT to listen to the other songs on the cd for the whole month that I've had it. The song that kept me from giving my review. The "REWIND BUTTON" ALL-STAR on the cd. If after that you don't have an idea how much I think of the song, get a life. Wink Laughing (Joke). The subject is deep, and it is also the only "dark" song on the cd in terms of mood. Everything about the song suggests that it does not have the "usual" qualities to become a hit song, but by the same token, it is its uniqueness that will make it stand out from the rest of the cd, and will forcefully grab your attention whether you want it or not.

*RANMASSE KONPA: An uptempo "VOYE MONTE STYLEE" with a nod to some of our HMI legends/icons, and popular groups/artists. Should be a good song at bals.

*LA VI KA BEL: Nice mellow touch to the track highlighted by an excellent acoustic guitar. The relaxing touch to the song gives it a cool different feel/vibe. The complexity of the arrangements make it shine, and make it work. The chorul is "cool" as in good.

*PARADI NAN LANFER: Vintage Mizik Mizik track. A very good choice by the producers to drop this song as the first single off the cd. Those who loved "WEBE" and "LE NAP FE LANMOU", will embrace this track with open arms. They will eat it up. It has the potential of being a huge hit for the band. 10 sou 10 on every musical angle with this track. The 'OU PATA FEM' SA" and "RINMIN'W" choruses are like drinking a COCA COLA right after eating a nice tasty pizza. Great stuff. There must be something wrong singing a chorus where you are whining about an injustice done to you, but yet, you feel joyful and happy singing the chorus "SI TELLEMENT CHORUS LAN BEL".

*PA GIN MOUN KI GIN MOUN: Very important/deep message in there that is treated nicely in a funny way. No one really owns/knows anyone. "TRUST" issue put into play. Nice bal track with an excellent guitar/keyboard mix towards the middle of the song.

*CHAVIRE: The funny thing is, this version sounds much different than the single that was released many months ago. Nice different zouk"y" touch, not what is usually served on a Mizik Mizik menu. Gilbert Ravix on the vocals.

*NOU LA: Lovers/Relationship anthem. Couples will relate to the words on this song talking about despite obstacles, they were still able to make it work. Nice "ROCK" guitars from Keke in there, with a touch of CADENCE RAMPA at the end of the song.

*PA GEN REZON: Nice twoubadou feel to it with MIKA BENJAMIN helping out on the tune sung by Gilbert Ravix. There is also a nice change of pace in the middle of the song with an excellent "call and chant". The musicianship is awesome.

All in all, the crew delivered a solid product that sounds NOTHING like anybody else has out there on the market. In other words, it is MIZIK MIZIK. "MAL" and "PARADI NAN LANFER" are the MAJOR HITS to me off the cd.

Good/solid piece of work by the crew. I will say it now, ERIC CHARLES is one of the most underrated ARTISTS in the HMI.

KM!

Clifton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: MIZIK MIZIK CD SONG BY SONG KM OFFICIAL REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

Good/solid piece of work by the crew. I will say it now, ERIC CHARLES is one of the most underrated ARTISTS in the HMI.

KM!

Thanks for the review Exclamation Exclamation

ERIC pa gen pase l menm si tou nan animasyon, pa gen mounn ki ka kanpe devan nonm sa non Exclamation Exclamation
Son mechan wi Laughing

kompekok

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, this CD is different from what's out there. This is CD you can dance or listen to; furthermore it is a testament that you don't have to have the so called "son la ri" to produce quality music.

Thanks for the review.

(Dadou Pasquet)

wilcolas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat

I have to agree with you, Eric Charles is underrated. He should leave Mizik mizik, he can show more of its talent with another band.

On the other hand, Mizik mizik is probably the laziest band in the industry. The cd is ok, but not enough material. There is no hit on this CD,
Paradi nan lanfer (Potential Hit) sounds too much like Ayizan from their last CD.

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! What can i say about this cd that you guys haven t mentioned before? nothing! It's a great cd with no Son la ri whatsoever! Easy to listen to . Mizik Mizik did it once again! Great job to the whole crew!

Eric Charles (gros chanteur devan leternel) I think the reason Eric is underated is because Mizik Mizik is not as active as they should be .... Touring the states and playing all over Haiti would help some of our new generation konpa listeners discover Eric's talent!

TOTOVICE
BOSTON UNITED TOUT TAN!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was very impressed with Eric Charles the first time I saw him at konpa fest in 2006.

The band as a whole delivered... but erik kept the crowd on their toes.

You just want to watch this guy and unlike some... he doesn't seem like he is over doing it... it is very natural for him.

This album is definitely a solid solid one.

The only song I was not feeling so much on it is "nou la"... not because it wasn't good musically but because the theme is so repetitive in the hmi...

moun ki renmin toujou gen fanmi ki pa dako...zanmi ki pa dako... life obstacles and in the end...they live happily ever after. Pa janmgen yon moun ki juste have a smooth renmen epi yo marye.

But anyway... even that song is growing on me now.

over all... great great great job mizik mizik.

It is my favorite of the new albums.

That twoubadou... makes me feel like I am sitting under a tree sippingo n pina colada in some beach in Jacmel.

It is the ultimate tropical island song.

I like when they say

" mizik mizik kote ou soti! toujou nan minm twou a... twoubadou!"

a la ti meyse yo mal eleve.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is one the best CD ever produced by any konpa band....
I can get enough of it....
Eric Charles is a hidden treasure. His voice is as pure as they come....
Excellent delivery....
I did not expect any less from Fabrice, Keke and Eric...
The music is on point and the lyrics are out of this world....

My favorite song is MAL....
WOW, san'm tresayi premye fwa'm tande mizik sa'a...
mwen swete tout malfekte yo pran not...

pa gin moun ki gen moun sends a strong message to all of us...

padari nan lanfe is definitely a megahit...
mesaj la kle kon dlo kokoye...

Mizik Mizik took our kompa direk to another level.
music lovers, vous avez....
mwen te toujou bay maestro'a a hard time paske CD te pran trop tan pou'l sorti...
I now apologize and express my greatest gratitude...just pa fe'm ret tann trop for the next CD... Wink Laughing

yef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,

Thanks for the review. My favorites on the album:
Mal---I just couldn't ignore the song. It stands out big time for the band.

Paradi na lanfe--I'm webe enthusiast. So this one grabbed my attention from the beginning.

Nou La: This is one is my favorite on the album from bass intro to chords progression to arrangements. The cadence rampa at the end is jus the icing on the cake. I wish that part of the song was a little bit longer as I find myself rewinding that part over and over.

Pa gen rezon: Awesome twoubadou track by any standard. I love the salsa piano at 4:11 and Mika is always a great addition to any song.

Ramase Konpa: Anpil konpa pedia lavi yo. At 2:32 and 3:08 kout keyboard tonbe net ale. . I can't wait to dance this song live.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: