KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

J-NESIS: INTERVIEW WITH N.Y UNDERGROUND BAND!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: J-NESIS: INTERVIEW WITH N.Y UNDERGROUND BAND! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a mini interview with N.Y Underground band J-NESIS. Their single and music video for the song "TRUST ME" can be seen on KM as we speak.

Check out the interview below

1) Tell us more about the history of the group. How long have you been on the market?

J-NESIS: WELL WE'VE BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS WE CAME OUT WITH AN ALBUM IN 2004 THAT WAS WELL APPRECIATED BY THOSE WHO HAD THE CHANCE TO HEAR IT. BUT SHORTLY AFTER TRAGEDY STRUCK BECAUSE TWO OF OUR MEMBERS THAT HAD NO CHOICE, HAD TO ATTEND TO OTHER VENTURES. DUE TO THE FACT THAT SOME OF OUR MEMBERS DIDN'T HAVE THEIR PAPERS. WE TOOK SOME TIME OUT TO REGROUP OURSELVES, AND NOW WE BACK IN FULL EFFECT FEELING BETTER THAN EVER

KM: How would you describe the STYLE OF COMPAS that j-nesis plays for those that are curious?

J-NESIS: Our style and approach is very unique, it's a mixture of R&B world beat with our island style on top, we trying to gradually go mainstream with our music .we also try to sound original not like any other

KM: What are your plans for the immediate future with the band?

J-NESIS: THE PLAN IS VERY SIMPLE. WE'RE COMING STRONGER THAN EVER WITH BETTER SONGS TO TRY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE NY AREA .WE WANNA REVIVE THE COMPAS IN NY.WE KNOW IT'S NOT AN EASY TASK .BUT READY TO TAKE UPON THE CHALLENGE.

KM: Do any of the musicians in the group have experience with any other HMI bands?

J-NESIS: NO THIS IS SOMETHING FRESH NEVER HEARD BEFORE ,WE READY TO ADD A LITTLE FLAVOR TO KOMPA,BUT AS GOOD AS WE ARE, WE ALSO HAVE GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH SOME OF THE BEST

KM: How long do you think it will take before you guys actually become "serious" players in the HMI in terms of the bands on the market?

J-NESIS: WE'RE READY AS WE SPEAK ,BUT WE JUST NEED A BIG ENOUGH PLATEAU(AUDIENCE) TO SHOW THEM HOW SERIOUS WE REALLY ARE...BECAUSE WE'RE NOT JUST TALKING WE'RE READY TO KICK BUTT.

KM: You were telling me that JNESIS is the busiest HMI band that nobody knows about, or not too many people are aware of, because of the types of gigs that you play. Please explain.

J-NESIS: IN THE PAST WE PLAYED LOTS OF COMMUNITY CHARITY AND PRIVATE GIGS,AND WE ALWAYS RECEIVE LOTS OF LOVE FROM THE CROWD. WE WERE ALSO WORKING ON SOME NEW JOINTZ.

KM: What bugs you about the HMI?

J-NESIS: I HAVE TO SAY ITS THE PROMOTERS. THEY REFUSE TO GIVE THE UPCOMING BANDS A CHANCE TO EXPOSE THEMSELVES TO THE PUBLIC, AND ALSO IT'S HEARTBREAKING TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS TRYING TO PLAY AND SOUND SIMILAR . IT'S A MONOTONY. OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE IT BETTER

KM: Out of all of the underground bands that are operating in the HMI, what makes you think that JNESIS is the NEXT BIG THING, or THE ONE TO WATCH?

J-NESIS: LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE ARE HERE TO TAKE KOMPA MUSIC ALL THE WAY, NEW FLAVOR, NEW SOUND, NO DISRESPECT TO THE OTHERS BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE TO SAME FORMAT. IT'S HARD WHEN YOU BRING A DIFFERENT STYLE BUT WE'RE CONFIDENT IN THE PUPLIC APPRECIATION OF SOMETHING THAT'S GOOD......JNESIS :I'S TIME ,TIME TO SHINE.......PEACE AND LUV

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

J-Nesis good luck with your band, and make sure your homies got papers too.

yef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Much love for my ny bands!! Let us know when you're playing and I'll be there to support!! Good luck!!!

1Lov'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: J-NESIS: INTERVIEW WITH N.Y UNDERGROUND BAND! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Here is a mini interview with N.Y Underground band J-NESIS. Their single and music video for the song "TRUST ME" can be seen on KM as we speak.

Check out the interview below

1) Tell us more about the history of the group. How long have you been on the market?

J-NESIS: WELL WE'VE BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS WE CAME OUT WITH AN ALBUM IN 2004 THAT WAS WELL APPRECIATED BY THOSE WHO HAD THE CHANCE TO HEAR IT. BUT SHORTLY AFTER TRAGEDY STRUCK BECAUSE TWO OF OUR MEMBERS THAT HAD NO CHOICE, HAD TO ATTEND TO OTHER VENTURES. DUE TO THE FACT THAT SOME OF OUR MEMBERS DIDN'T HAVE THEIR PAPERS. WE TOOK SOME TIME OUT TO REGROUP OURSELVES, AND NOW WE BACK IN FULL EFFECT FEELING BETTER THAN EVER

KM: How would you describe the STYLE OF COMPAS that j-nesis plays for those that are curious?

J-NESIS: Our style and approach is very unique, it's a mixture of R&B world beat with our island style on top, we trying to gradually go mainstream with our music .we also try to sound original not like any other

KM: What are your plans for the immediate future with the band?

J-NESIS: THE PLAN IS VERY SIMPLE. WE'RE COMING STRONGER THAN EVER WITH BETTER SONGS TO TRY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE NY AREA .WE WANNA REVIVE THE COMPAS IN NY.WE KNOW IT'S NOT AN EASY TASK .BUT READY TO TAKE UPON THE CHALLENGE.

KM: Do any of the musicians in the group have experience with any other HMI bands?

J-NESIS: NO THIS IS SOMETHING FRESH NEVER HEARD BEFORE ,WE READY TO ADD A LITTLE FLAVOR TO KOMPA,BUT AS GOOD AS WE ARE, WE ALSO HAVE GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH SOME OF THE BEST

KM: How long do you think it will take before you guys actually become "serious" players in the HMI in terms of the bands on the market?

J-NESIS: WE'RE READY AS WE SPEAK ,BUT WE JUST NEED A BIG ENOUGH PLATEAU(AUDIENCE) TO SHOW THEM HOW SERIOUS WE REALLY ARE...BECAUSE WE'RE NOT JUST TALKING WE'RE READY TO KICK BUTT.

KM: You were telling me that JNESIS is the busiest HMI band that nobody knows about, or not too many people are aware of, because of the types of gigs that you play. Please explain.

J-NESIS: IN THE PAST WE PLAYED LOTS OF COMMUNITY CHARITY AND PRIVATE GIGS,AND WE ALWAYS RECEIVE LOTS OF LOVE FROM THE CROWD. WE WERE ALSO WORKING ON SOME NEW JOINTZ.

KM: What bugs you about the HMI?

J-NESIS: I HAVE TO SAY ITS THE PROMOTERS. THEY REFUSE TO GIVE THE UPCOMING BANDS A CHANCE TO EXPOSE THEMSELVES TO THE PUBLIC, AND ALSO IT'S HEARTBREAKING TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS TRYING TO PLAY AND SOUND SIMILAR . IT'S A MONOTONY. OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE IT BETTER

KM: Out of all of the underground bands that are operating in the HMI, what makes you think that JNESIS is the NEXT BIG THING, or THE ONE TO WATCH?

J-NESIS: LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE ARE HERE TO TAKE KOMPA MUSIC ALL THE WAY, NEW FLAVOR, NEW SOUND, NO DISRESPECT TO THE OTHERS BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE TO SAME FORMAT. IT'S HARD WHEN YOU BRING A DIFFERENT STYLE BUT WE'RE CONFIDENT IN THE PUPLIC APPRECIATION OF SOMETHING THAT'S GOOD......JNESIS :I'S TIME ,TIME TO SHINE.......PEACE AND LUV

KM!

Taking this time to wish J-Nesis all the best . They say that second time around is always a better ride around the block. I recently stopped by their rehearsal and I can confirm the positive and motivated attitude of the Band.
I think J-Nesis has almost all the necessary ingredients for a Successful impact in the HMI this summer.
Good Luck Guys and Stay Focussed.
1Lov got your Backs
Peace

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: