KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ZENGLEN 5EME VITES: KM'S OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG CD BREAKDOWN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspecteur Kompa

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the review, it seems like Zenglen did it again with "5eme vitesse". I can't wait to put my hand on the new album.

As far, as people still bringing up Gracia; voila le probleme de ce pays... nou toujou rete dans le passe.

Oui, Gracia te fe anpil dezod leu li te lan Zenglen but he's no longer in the band. Last time I checked he has his Mass Konpa.

So get over it and let Zenglen move forward

Ben1265

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Inspecteur, it's not about the public's inability to move forward, it's about Zenglen's inability to generate heat when they perform live. The electricity simply isn't there.
We spend a lot of time blaming, the public, or blaming marketing. Sometimes a horse is just a horse...

Neg Thiotte

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompekok wrote:
KM:

Quote:
*WARNING..RICHIE has to be careful because a couple of his songs are starting to sound like stuff we've heard before. Certain parts in MWEN PAP TOUNIN sounds like stuff from MMS, and like I said previously, "5EME VITES" is the brother of '5 DWET' in terms of the formula, and some parts.

That is my biggest problem with the album, not those two that you mention but also part of Paye Bill sounds like Pal Kokal and also the begining of Mizikanou sounds like Mwen Enmé - W. I mean I understand he wrote those songs but I guess that is the problem when only one individual writes the songs.

Sa sé yon bèl obsèvasyon dé KM & Ti baguy. I was thinking the same thing as i was listening to the album last night.
The only difference is that I seem to be addicted to that formula; ninpot jan Richie ban mwen'l li bon.
"mwen pap tounen" & "fos desten" are my 2 favorite tracks.
I wish Kenny would sing more tenor than alto; he sounds better with the former.
Overall, mwen satilfè.

---Ti Mitou---

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ben1265 wrote:
Yeah, Gracia. Live-wise, Zenglen has yet to recover from that loss.
Now, to get people to go to their bals, Zenglen needs to do two things:
1. Start playing well in bals. Sounds obvious, right? I heard a live Zenglen track from last summer, from a compilation CD, and it was simply awful. Zenglen needs to play better live.
2. Once they start playing well, make a live CD and make sure you have as many people as possible hear it. Put a Mad Dog logo on it if you have to. Give it away. Just make sure people hear what you got on stage. The people will come, believe me.
The studio release date is perfect. If Zenglen can put out some live material by July 4th, they'll have the summer on lockdown.

I like that alot and i'm 1 that beleive in that.... 1 thing they could be very inconsistent , meaning some bal are way better then others...a lil More stability and i think they will start doing better....

For some Reason also Zenglen seem to perform better in Haiti..(from all the bal i heard) wish and hope they can duplicate that work ethic in the state a lil more.....

Ps: Ben if you here them , or see them more often you'll find some bal way better then others ...so maybe se on mistake song on that compilation.....Stability i think...

i'm just krezi about ti bebe'

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

B4 Heading to Krezi Mizik 2nite I FINALLY HAVE SOME TIME TO LAY AND LISTEN TO THE ALBUM!

BLAN YO AP SOUSE SANM NOWADAYS NO TIME 4 KM Sad Crying or Very sad ...

So far what I've heard SOUNDS GREAT!!!

will be back for my take...

ANMWEYYY!!! I'm on my third track!!!

zipgenel

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

m'ap reziye'l mwen vale'l...

men an verite pa gen anyen ki diferan...

menm ti bagay la.. Cool

BKLYN_BOS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ZENGLEN ALWAYS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: