KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ZENGLEN 5EME VITES: KM'S OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG CD BREAKDOWN!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: ZENGLEN 5EME VITES: KM'S OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG CD BREAKDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the SONG BY SONG BREAKDOWN of ZENGLEN's 5em VITES CD from KM.

*INTRO: That was NOT needed. I understood where they wanted to go with it, but it did not come off right, maybe because all the actors did not deliver properly.

*5 EME VITESSE: Nice kickoff track. HIT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. I liked it on my first listen. That part about "Yon 6 kap mande yon 9 kijan'w fe crochu konsa" is very well done. Radio and Bal crowds will love it. There are many catchy parts on this song which makes it easier for everyne including kids to get into. The song in some parts looks like THE BROTHER OF THE SONG '5 DWET". Richie also used that HOUSE OF PAIN "Jump Around" song as a great inspiration to add to this tune.

*MWEN PAP TOUNIN (K'ANYWAY): Beautiful intro. It's about a girl betraying her man by doing it with his best friend. When Kenny says "OU DEGRADER TOUT CONFIDENCE MWEN", you feel the pain/chill. "Li di se we mwen we'l, se pa barer mwen bare'l" is a funny line. One of my favorite tracks on the cd. That "KENNYWAY play of words RAP by Richie in the track that boils into the COMPAS part that says "Minm Ti Bagay La" is classic. The keyboard work by Dano on this track is solid, and EL POZO is on fire as well.

*JERE SEXY A: "I did NOT like this song when I first heard it when it was released, now I am feeling it. CAN be a hit on the radio and on the LIVE circuit. "Gade'w cuvette Compas" and "INTERESSANTE" skits will make it happen LIVE for this track.

*LET'S START OVER: This Kenny Desmangles tune is a nice change of pace on the CD, even though it's been "ZENGLENFIED". The ZENGLEN DOUCE chorus is DOUCE vraiment. Nice feel good song melody wise.

*NAP PEYER BILL: Hardcore Compas Direct song. The hardest on the record. Guitar driven, and Dano keys led.

*FOS DESTIN: Salsa intro is wonderful, and when they bring in the Compas in there, it is arrangement magic. POZO kills it on this track.

*TI BEBE: The lyrics/message on this tune about educating the kids to avoid pregnancy at a young age, is a very positive song. A radio friendly song.

*MIZIKANOU: The female vocalist by the name of ROSERBIE THEOC introduced on this track has such a smooth voice that I call her ROSSIGNOL. SHE HAS THE PIPES. Beautiful song sung in a duet with Richie that fits nicely on the cd. I am not sure if it will be a hit, but you never know. Nice piano work on this track. What happened to RICHIE songs such as "SEXYLOVE", and "BODY and SOUL" that we used to get on the Zenglen cds? On the last 2 Zenglen cds, we've been deprived of those.

*FOK SA CHANGE: One of my top 3 on the cd along with 5eme Vites and Mwen Pap Tounin. EXTREMELY CATCHY, especially the keyboards. BRUTUS has a great impact with his JACOB DESVARIEUX/KASSAV style vocals when he comes in. CAN be a LIVE "HIT READY' song, as well as for the radio.

*WARNING..RICHIE has to be careful because a couple of his songs are starting to sound like stuff we've heard before. Certain parts in MWEN PAP TOUNIN sounds like stuff from MMS, and like I said previously, "5EME VITES" is the brother of '5 DWET' in terms of the formula, and some parts.

Having said that, it is another BRILLIANT PRODUCTION from the superstarmaker. ON CD, I am no longer surprised or shocked as to what he comes up with. Now, the question remains, will that CD translate into something GOLDEN for ZENGLEN? A suivre.

KENNY DESMANGLES passed the test with FLYING COLORS if you ask me. TO ME, he is at his best when he is BRAGGING, in songs such as JERE SEXY A when he is singing that "INTERESSANTE" part, and in the song "FOK SA CHANGE" when he says "LA". KENNY...KM APPROVES OF THE WORK YOU DID ON THE CD!

ZENGLEN basically delivered the goods like we always knew they would.

HIT SONG POTENTIAL on the KM RADAR are the following

*5EME VITES
*MWEN PAP TOUNIN
*JERE SEXY A
*FOK SA CHANGE

My three favorites are IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER "5 Eme Vites", FOK SA CHANGER", and 'MWEN PAP TOUNIN K'ANYWAY"

KM!

choubenz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i said the same thing Pat, the love song we usually get from Richie i still don't see it------i said it on the board 2 weeks ago

very nice breakdown

bel grinn album------kennyway deliver big time

thanks----map ret tann pa Nulook la koulye-a

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frankly, i hope this cd will turn into something beneficial for the group, especially on the live circuit! Zenglen really needs to get the public's attention. This cd should be able to fill that void
A suivre!
i think they have a solid cd, overall!
Good job richie and the crew!

Last edited by jeancelestin on Fri May 23, 2008 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

choubenz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeancelestin wrote:
Frankly, i hope this cd will turn into something beneficial for the group, especially on the live circuit! Zenglen really needs to get the public's attention. Frankly, this cd should be able to fill that void
A suivre1
Frankly, i think that is a solid cd, overall!

every band need that 1 mega hit to take u over the top------hie ke toute radio paka sispan jwe a---hit ke depi moun tande nan club ou paka pa groove sou li a

se sa seulement zenglen pa ban mwen nan album sa-----mwen te dil deja

album nan chaje ak hit but mwen pa oue mega hit la

Last edited by choubenz on Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

choubenz wrote:
jeancelestin wrote:
Frankly, i hope this cd will turn into something beneficial for the group, especially on the live circuit! Zenglen really needs to get the public's attention. Frankly, this cd should be able to fill that void
A suivre1
Frankly, i think that is a solid cd, overall!

i think every band need a hit love song to make it big in this industry, specially live. that's what the ladies like

maybe formule love songs yo se nan main Nicky li te ye

if zenglen play their game right on the live circuit they will be ok, the fans will follow

Honestly choubenz, zenglen is a group that works very hard to please the public. I really would like to see the band make it big the live circuit in terms of getting the puplic's attention.
As you have said, maybe, the love song, that what makes it these days or you play "rara style" a la djakout'.
I hope the band makes it big this time! Djazz sa travay di pou konpa direk anpil
Good luck to them!

wallywal

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

review sa mete dlo nan bouche mwen
it looks like that cd is a master piece production wise
but i can't seems to help notice that from all the reviews i've read so far it looks like the cd is missing something that mega hit that will put them right beside nu look djakout .....etc maybe am wrong i'll wait till i hear the cd myself

kompared

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Pat....!!!! Very Happy

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my favorite songs

1. 5eme vitesse

2. mwen p'ap tounen ( dano killed this one ak kout keyboard. his best work on the album if you ask me.

3. Let's start over: I think this is Kenny's best work on the album vocally from start to finish. But I love this song solely because of the part "Manman, zenglen dous." PATI SAAA DOUS TOUT BON.

4. PEYE BILL: I always love brutus tracks. This one is no different.

5. FOK SA CHANJE: I think that's the name. Nice message. And I love brutus' jacob desvarieux imitation. well done.

Elo pozo enraje sou tout album nan.

kompekok

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KM:

Quote:
*WARNING..RICHIE has to be careful because a couple of his songs are starting to sound like stuff we've heard before. Certain parts in MWEN PAP TOUNIN sounds like stuff from MMS, and like I said previously, "5EME VITES" is the brother of '5 DWET' in terms of the formula, and some parts.

That is my biggest problem with the album, not those two that you mention but also part of Paye Bill sounds like Pal Kokal and also the begining of Mizikanou sounds like Mwen Enmé - W. I mean I understand he wrote those songs but I guess that is the problem when only one individual writes the songs.

(Dadou Pasquet)

JimBo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANX 4 YOUR REVIEW KM(PAT) Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS ALBUM IS A HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT API MWEM SIGN MY NAME NAN DEYE'L Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Wink

GADON KIVET KONPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.S. ITS ALL ON YOU GUYZ NOW TO LAGE KOMPA & YOUR PROMOTION TEAM Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Cool Cool

GABBANA MAP VOYI'L POU OU BROTHER I DID NOT 4 GET YOU BLOOD Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Wink

FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM NO QUESTIONS ASK IS ............*MWEN PAP TOUNIN (K'ANYWAY) GUITAR GROOVE EL POZE NAN MIZIK SA SON BAGAY CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYY/SICKKKKKKKK Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: