Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WHICH GROUP/ARTIST GOT YOU INTO HAITIAN MUSIC!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHICH GROUP/ARTIST GOT YOU INTO HAITIAN MUSIC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konpa_#1_fan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Djakout mizik-------Glissé doucement

Sweet Micky -----------Pa manyen fanm nan konsa

Redji-Vice

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen te konn tande muzik Konpa depi mwen te tou piti grace ak yon Tonton mwen kité konn mennen nou chak dimanch ale gadé DP Express, Scorpio, Coupé Cloué nan yon Hotel. Imaj ki rété nan tet mwen se Larose kité toujou konn abiyé avek "salopèt" (overall) et puis avek boots.
Et lè yo mennen nou lakay Tonton sa, li té toujou ap tandé muzik et li te konn eséyé expliké nou pawòl ki nan muzik yo Laughing Laughing ...
Des musiques tankou: Négriyé (DP Express), Libèté (Magnum Band), In Memoriam (Tabou Combo) to name a few; yo maké mwen a jamais parce qu'avec le temps mwen vini konprann profondeur muzik sa yo!

kazak-lakol

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Premye fwa mal nan fet chanpet yon kote yo rele pignon zone nord, yo mennenm nan yon bal. M pa janm ka sonje nom djazz sa, men sel bagay m konnen se te prince Elo ki te chanteur djazz sa. Djazz sa te telman epatem, depi le sa m gen yon lanmou fou pou mizik yo rele konpa direk la. M te toujou renmen mizik ti manno yo, bel ti machann(skah shah) men se djazz pignon sa ki te fem premye gen pasyon pou konpa!

kazak-lakol

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Premye fwa mal nan fet chanpet yon kote yo rele pignon zone nord, yo mennenm nan yon bal. M pa janm ka sonje nom djazz sa, men sel bagay m konnen se te prince Elo ki te chanteur djazz sa. Djazz sa te telman epatem, depi le sa m gen yon lanmou fou pou mizik yo rele konpa direk la. M te toujou renmen mizik ti manno yo, bel ti machann(skah shah) men se djazz pignon sa ki te fem premye gen pasyon pou konpa!

reginaldo

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet Micky !!!!

ZenglenMan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even Tho I Grew Up On Zin In My House Through My Father Because He's Patrick Appolons Best Friend I Fell In Love With Kompa Though Zenglen After I Heard 5 Sens + 1 I Researched the group and fell in love with all the other cds From Eazy Konpa All The Way Till Now Ever Since Its Been Mariaj 4 Me With Them,Ive Gotten Possesions Of There Live Bals Were Gracia Used 2 Play Wonderful Stuff,Then After That Id Say Sweet Micky But Definitly Zenglen!!!!!!

rorothebest

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mouin DP EXpress,te pran tet mouin net ,epok PAULEMA night club nan Delmas 39-41.

Si NULOOK n'existait pas,il fallait l'inventer.

Pa suiv NULOOK,jazz la jouinn kob monnin sou dlo.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gaspar24

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'LL HAVE TO SAY T-VICE
WITH THEY FIST LIVE ALBUM
EVEN NOW I STILL LISTEN TO IT FROM TIME TO TIME....

EPI NAP PEDALE KOMPA NET ALE

BOSTON UNITED TOUT TAN.

HIPchick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are several for me that happened at different times in my life.

The FIRST vivid memory I have of a Haitian video is Yole Derose's TOUNEN where she is twirling around in a skirt. i was 8 or 9 and was mesmerized, having just moced to Haiti, I remember thinking "Haitian women are beautiful". That was the first time I associated true beauty with our country.

I was a HUGE ZIN fan and all through elementary and middle school, ZIN was it for me. They really got me into Haitian music. During that time Papash and Lakol, Zenglen were also what I listened to, but ZIN was IT!

During high school, when I started going to house parties and bals, I gravitated toward the great songs that you could dance to. K-Dans was the best for teenagers in Haiti back then: all the graduations, parties, etc. T-Vice, Sweet Micky and Konpa Kreyol became favorites too.

xtrasexy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[b]Tabou (Jalousie)..this album gave haitian back kompa after the Kassav take over.

The New Generation- Zin in Queens at the basement of St Ann and St Joachin.
Hollis Queens baby-good old days...
[/b]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: