KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONICK/NICKENSON DEBUT SINGLE "JERE'M": LISTEN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ernst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: ARMONICK/NICKENSON DEBUT SINGLE "JERE'M": LIST Reply with quote Back to top

THIS IS JUST A TO GET BY SONG,NOTHING NEW. IT'S OK BUT NOT GREAT. MY KM MEMBERS PLEASE STOP ABUSING THE WORD HIT.

ED

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: ARMONICK/NICKENSON DEBUT SINGLE "JERE'M": LIST Reply with quote Back to top

Ernst wrote:
THIS IS JUST A TO GET BY SONG,NOTHING NEW. IT'S OK BUT NOT GREAT. MY KM MEMBERS PLEASE STOP ABUSING THE WORD HIT.

Ou wè sa tou.....banm ret tann sak dèyè yo

PANCHE A DWAT POUN EVITE TOUT PIEJ YO METE...PANCHE A GAUCHE TOUT SAK PALE POUN BA YO PASE

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: ARMONICK/NICKENSON DEBUT SINGLE "JERE'M": LIST Reply with quote Back to top

ED wrote:
Ernst wrote:

Ou wè sa tou.....banm ret tann sak dèyè yo

Ed & ERNST

So tell me Jere Sexy'w is like revolutionizing right? Ala des koze, kite neg la viv non!!! Laughing

Ben1265

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a good song, not a great one. It lacks originality, but does have a nice jazzy quality (especially the first minute or so).
I think menkonpa's analysis is very good (see page 1), and I agree 100% with his conclusion:
Quote:
It will not be a hit, only because there is not a simple hook that we will remember, like in Deception.

JimBo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICE SONG Exclamation Cool

I LOVE THE BEGINNING OF THE SONG WHERE THE BEAT IS A REGGAE TYPE TONE AND THE SINGER STARTS SINGING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool

OVER ALL BEL TI MIZIK, BUT NOT A HIT SONG Exclamation THE GROOVE IS NOT CATCHY ENOUGH Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Melokompa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I listen to the song 2 times and there is nothing great about this song. It's just an average song, the only reason people are praising this song is because it's from Nicky. Not to take anything from Nicky, i think he's overrated to a certain extent, from his solo projects and collabations, he shows lack of versality.

JimBo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Melokompa wrote:
I listen to the song 2 times and there is nothing great about this song. It's just an average song, the only reason people are praising this song is because it's from Nicky. Not to take anything from Nicky, i think he's overrated to a certain extent, from his solo projects and collabations, he shows lack of versality.

I REALLY THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY 1 THAT FELT LIKE THIS I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE HYPE HERE AT ALL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool I THOUGHT I HAD A PROBLEM Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation ITS A GOOD SONG BUT WHY IS EVERY1 SAYING ITS A HIT Question Question Question Question

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
micksauce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love it... The track is great from beginning to end. The keyboards are sick as are the vocals. Shedly proved once again that he is the best drummer in the HMI and Dener Ceide has proved that he is a monster on that guitar. I really hope he's part of the band because his style blends perfectly with Nick's...

I know there are many who won't agree with me here but this is the type of Kompas that will eventually be able to crossover to the AMI becuase of it's beautiful R&B like flavor...

Great job Harmonik!

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is not a hit song, very nice vocal but the chorus is not catchy enough, nice groove but not enough lyrics this is just my opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Kompa Love

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice track, but nothing new from Nicky.

Mac D is a very good singer with great range, I din't think this song did him justice.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: