Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - The Ups and Downs Of Your Career
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

The Ups and Downs Of Your Career

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: The Ups and Downs Of Your Career Reply with quote Back to top

Hi KM Smile !!

We all know that at times our jobs can be a bit overwhelming......and for some depressing. Regardless of the negative feelings, we manage anyway.

With that said, I would like to know from you all....

What is it that you like the most about your job and course the LEAST Question Please share.

Evie ap tan nou!!

Last edited by Evie on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Ups and Downs Of Your Career Reply with quote Back to top

Evie wrote:
Hi KM Smile !!

We all know that at times our jobs can be a bit overwhelming......and for some depressing. Regardless of the negative feelings, we manage anyway.

With that said, I would like to know from you all....

What is it that you like the most about your job and course the LEAST:?: Please share.

Evie ap tan nou!!

well, well.....if there is an embarassing question that is one....

i graduated with a double degree computer engineering and linguistics....
don't really have a passion for computer engineering anymore....and don't really feel linguistics like that.....
i would hope that i had done philosophy or litterature, or civil engineer

anyway.....not working on my degrees....making less than 50k a year.....

although im not married...i don't have kids....don't
have a gf....but i think my career so far is nothing but failure

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Evie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Philo,

I'm sorry that you find your career to be failure, but that was not the question. In your job, is their anything you like the MOST Question Or the LEAST for that matter Question

P.S.

Have you considered going back to school to study what you are of more interest to Question

CatDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had a good job decided to try a new industry what a big mistake don't like my job at all. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Evie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why is that Catdog Question You do not like it at all Question Well then, tell me what it is about your job that you like the least Question

michoulove

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arrow

Last edited by michoulove on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

CatDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Evie wrote:
Why is that Catdog Question You do not like it at all Question Well then, tell me what it is about your job that you like the least Question

that'll take too long. I can tell you the one thing that I like is the fact that I met a lot of interesting people that's about it.

PIYO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Philo, let me guess, may be you were trying go with the flow.
For the past 10 years I think the computer field have trick so many people.Every thing goes to India.
Civil Eng. might not be a bad choice, since the bulk of the job (construction) has to be done on site.
But they still can outsource the designing part though.
I did ME (Mech Eng.) and most of the designs and manufacturing part have been outsourced.
But I was lucky and smart enough to concentrate on the construction part of the field.
I had some opportunities on the designing part of it, but I was a little bit concerned on how different my social life would be somewhere else. Fortunately I ended up in a company where I have to deal with both design and construction.
Since It's a mid size company, I'm not stuck doing one thing. And I can enjoy seeing the result of my inputs.
My big plus: I get to work closely with the big boss. So I get expose a lot to the financial aspect as well.
Now the bad side of it: I have to be one point most of the time. 90% of the time, they don’t see me as "the new guy" and they keep pushing as if I have been on the field for 20 years. But I like it. Also, some mistake can be costly, I mean very coslty. And third I'm in the private sector, which mean my job is tied to the market and it does not matter much if you are experienced or not.

What about you Evie

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice topic Evie.

The thing that I like the most and the least are the same thing. My job is insanely easy because I do very little. I enjoy that the job isn't stressful, but do not like that I'm learning very little. I'm still very early in my career and I feel that this is the time that I should be getting substantial experience for the future (and my resume). Unfortunately, I don't feel like I have anything good to add in the year and a half that I've been here. I'm worried that if I do get a better job I'll be ill-prepared for it.

Evie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Pwen_de _Jou Exclamation

What I like the least about my job is that it can be extremely boring!

What I like the most, is that I have a chance to interact with certain doctor's who can hook me up with certain things Exclamation

Michou, what's up! Why did you edit what you previously posted Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: