KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Haitian mother in need transplant, medicaid has denied case.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diva Duck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Haitian mother in need transplant, medicaid has denied case. Reply with quote Back to top

[Patrick - I hope I'm not breaking any rules]

Nanie St. Fleur, a Haitian mother in Orlando who is in need of a life saving transplant. Unfortunately, she does not have medical insurance and received Medicaid. Medicaid, however, will not cover her procedure. Miami-Jackson Memorial cannot waive the cost of the procedure because she’s not a resident of Miami- Dade County. If you can help in anyway, great. Either way, please pass this information on to any person you know that may be able to help. Every little bit will help.

www.savenanie.com is the website that has information on the illness, the procedure and the fund that has been set up to hopefully meet the medical costs for her surgery.

Click here for news story --> News Story on WFTV 9

I've posted this on all the major boards I am a member of, please feel free to put these on the other haitian sites out in cyber land.

"Nothing new can come into your life...unless you are grateful for what you already have."

NELSON29

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shes the sister of a friend of mines. very humble girl. hopefully they can raise the funds for the surgery.

chenette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when you have medicaid you have to choose a health care provider that is why people need to be very careful when choosing a provider, i am deeply sorry and hope she will be able to convince her provider to let her have the transplant

Sanrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for letting us know Divaduck, I just made a donation, hopefully more people do the same.

May God bless them!

Diva Duck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chenette wrote:
when you have medicaid you have to choose a health care provider that is why people need to be very careful when choosing a provider, i am deeply sorry and hope she will be able to convince her provider to let her have the transplant

It has nothing to do with the provider, it has to do with the procedure and its cost. Typically it is only paid for children.

"Nothing new can come into your life...unless you are grateful for what you already have."

NELSON29

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news guys. Medicaid has approve her claim. she will be heading to miami in a couple of days to the surgery.

Diva Duck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is indeed great news! Finally this mother can start the process of towards recovery. They will definitely continue to be in my prayers.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was just about to post the info here.

I'm happy for her!

I wish her luck!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am so happy for her and her family.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: