KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tibatko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mezanmi HIM sa fek kare deye si nou ka rete pou nou di bel job Mei Mei HIM la fek kare nan mediokrite se seul sa mwen ka di.

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
zipgenel wrote:
one thing I have to say is that soon or later, km members are not gonna be able to express their mind in a post that has mei mei in the title...

some people comes on mei mei post looking for a pictures of the girl with with a extra short on... showing some nice thighs and legs and bib back.. so they can yell anmweeeeeyyyy... that's all...

some people comes looking for a mei mei with a crystal clear voice that can hit notes like a young withney houston... if she falls short even by an quarter of an inch she will be criticized heavily...

what is wrong is that we can not be too harsh on the girl... we can give her credit for wanting and actually trying... whether or not hangout producers did enhance her vocals on the song... she sound way better than the last time... I am kinda disappointed... cause I looking for something original and totally konpa-ish.. but at the same time that could be the beginning of a lot of good things..

what I hate is when some people with no facts and with no comprehension whatsoever, start with a post shouting ANMWEYS... and their next line is " HATERS THIS HATERS THAT"... that shows you some members are just hear for the COMEDY, and can't analyze jack even for a living.. can't contribute nothing of essence to a conversation..

Quote:
what I hate is when some people with no facts and with no comprehension whatsoever, start with a post shouting ANMWEYS... and their next line is " HATERS THIS HATERS THAT"... that shows you some members are just hear for the COMEDY, and can't analyze jack even for a living.. can't contribute nothing of essence to a conversation..

Since mwen we ou peu di kafou, mwen konnin se ave'm wap pale.
since ou te chita sou ban lekol, et mwen minm se anba ban ke mwen te ye, se rezon sa ki fe mwen pa ka fe analyze jodi a.

but i the end of the day, you need the not soo intellectual idividual like myself to feel proud of your educational accomplishement, same way that a doctor need Sick people to cure so he/she can validating his work ethic, same way a lawyer needs criminals so he too can validate his law practices.

in my case you need individuals like myself so you can validate your knowledge. There goes the Philosophies and intellectual. si nou pat passer sou ban lekol, nou tap santi vie nou "Null" papa.

La paix bon dieu ave'w.

WTF????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Patnè mwen di'w sa deja... pwoblèm ou genyen an se pa avè'm pou jere'l...
epi sa poko janm rive'm... afè pou'm nan voye wòch kache an mwen pa fò ladann... si'm gen yon bagay pou'm di'w brother mwen t'ap vìn direk sou wou...
si'w pat pasé sou ban lekòl sa se biznis pa'w.. mwen pa gen anyen pou'm wè ak bagay konsa... sa se paran'w yo pou'w al fè repwòch... e mwen pa oblije nan la pèn pou sa non pli...

mwen wè'w debake sou mwen tankou yon siklòn depi lòt jou... mwen kale'w bèl vag... talè w'al kriye bay moderatè di'm m'ap chèche'w kont...

tanpri ak moun ou gen pwoblèm sou bòd la... jere biznis ou ak li... mwen pa konn gen danje ak moun...
next Arrow

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
zipgenel wrote:
one thing I have to say is that soon or later, km members are not gonna be able to express their mind in a post that has mei mei in the title...

some people comes on mei mei post looking for a pictures of the girl with with a extra short on... showing some nice thighs and legs and bib back.. so they can yell anmweeeeeyyyy... that's all...

some people comes looking for a mei mei with a crystal clear voice that can hit notes like a young withney houston... if she falls short even by an quarter of an inch she will be criticized heavily...

what is wrong is that we can not be too harsh on the girl... we can give her credit for wanting and actually trying... whether or not hangout producers did enhance her vocals on the song... she sound way better than the last time... I am kinda disappointed... cause I looking for something original and totally konpa-ish.. but at the same time that could be the beginning of a lot of good things..

Quote:

Since mwen we ou peu di kafou, mwen konnin se ave'm wap pale.
since ou te chita sou ban lekol, et mwen minm se anba ban ke mwen te ye, se rezon sa ki fe mwen pa ka fe analyze jodi a.

but i the end of the day, you need the not soo intellectual idividual like myself to feel proud of your educational accomplishement, same way that a doctor need Sick people to cure so he/she can validating his work ethic, same way a lawyer needs criminals so he too can validate his law practices.

in my case you need individuals like myself so you can validate your knowledge. There goes the Philosophies and intellectual. si nou pat passer sou ban lekol, nou tap santi vie nou "Null" papa.

La paix bon dieu ave'w.

WTF????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Patnè mwen di'w sa deja... pwoblèm ou genyen an se pa avè'm pou jere'l...
epi sa poko janm rive'm... afè pou'm nan voye wòch kache an mwen pa fò ladann... si'm gen yon bagay pou'm di'w brother mwen t'ap vìn direk sou wou...
si'w pat pasé sou ban lekòl sa se biznis pa'w.. mwen pa gen anyen pou'm wè ak bagay konsa... sa se paran'w yo pou'w al fè repwòch... e mwen pa oblije nan la pèn pou sa non pli...

mwen wè'w debake sou mwen tankou yon siklòn depi lòt jou... mwen kale'w bèl vag... talè w'al kriye bay moderatè di'm m'ap chèche'w kont...

tanpri ak moun ou gen pwoblèm sou bòd la... jere biznis ou ak li... mwen pa konn gen danje ak moun...
next Arrow

BRINA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MEIMEI AS A PERSON WHO WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE UNITED STATE, HER TARGET IS 2 BRING THE R&B KOMPA. I RECENTLY HEARD THE SONG UNFAITFUL BY RHANA N HO IS ALREADY PLAYING IT LIVE N IT SOUNDS GOOD!!!
2 ME SHE IS REALLY DOING A GOOD JOB N I FELL THAT SHE IS BRINGING THE R&B 2 KOMPA, 4 HAITIAN AMERICAN THAT WAS BORN HERE I FELL @ EASE BECAUSE THEY R BRINGING THE R& B INTO COMPA.
GOOD JOB CHIKA KEEP DOING WHAT U R.

Robie Rob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ALA TRAKA ONLY IN THE HMI....MEI MEI S'IL VOUS PLAIT PA GATE MUSIC ALICIA KEYS ANKOR POU MWEN...

MEI MEI CANT EVEN SING THAT SONG LIVE WITHOUT ALL THE EFFECT.... MWEN TA RINMIN WE HANGOUT KITE MEI MEI CHANTE MUSIC SA LAN YON BAL....MOUN TAP GRINYIN DANN YO NET

SI SE POU SA MWEN PRAL CHANTE TOU LAN STUDIO SEULMENT.....ALA DE KOZE Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'M BOUT TO DROP A SINGLE YA'LL

COMING SOON Laughing Laughing Laughing

tripplej19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing to lose my shirt over, just someone trying. Nothing impressive, but with the arrangement Hangout put on her voice, she is better, but again like another KM Member said, she couldn't pull this on a live performance. Surprised Surprised Surprised

Playzee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Despite the points made about her voice being digitally tampered with,I think she did a wonderful job. I can see this song being a hit in all the clubs in St. Lucia, Martinque and all the other islands getting ready for carnival. I can even see her in the Trinidad halls with this one.

As a non Haitian it is so discomforting to see the manner in which many Haitian music lovers judge, compare their artist to others; and againist each other. All I have to say is if some Haitians don't want them, we the creole speaking caribbean will gladly accept them.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PLAYZEE...You say that you are NOT Haitian? If you don't mind me asking, WHERE ARE YOU FROM? (Nationality)

KM!

mistergentle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice melody and the vocal sounds great... but fake. Too much special effects on the vocals. The voice is overly synthetized. That's the impression I got from listenning to the song from the get go. Then I got the proof that I guessed it right by reading some comments overhere. I think she has potential but this song does not allow us to judge it to the fullest.
Anyway, as the French say: "Tous les chemins mènent à Rome". Only the results matter, and they look pretty damn good. It sounds great to my ears. However, not a lot of people will be cheated by the special effects. Most people will be aware of the fact.
Now, let's not criticize her in a too harsh way. T-Pain do it almost exclusively, and you people go crazy over his songs. No one knows if he can truly sing based on the fact that his voice is never put on a song without being synthetized.
Bottomline is, no matter what they did to the song, the results sounds good to the ears... at least mine. And I congratulate them for being so smart.

bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a decent performance but it lacks personality. Li just rechante mizik la sans ouete ni mete Li te ka ajoute pati pa li, fe arrangement pa li or something!

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: