KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the new MEI MEI/HANGOUT single "NO ONE" (Remix of Alicia Keys song)...World Premiere Exclusive.

Won't you please let us know what you think of the song regardless of if you like it or not? Thanks

Just click on the link below
http://www.kompamagazine.com/mp3/meimeihangoutnoone.mp3

KM!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thankyou Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
leroizai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anmweyyyyyy men MeiMei nou tap mande a......
bon jan vokal.... bel bagay net.... Keep working babe while the haters keep haitin.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zipgenel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

poukisa mizik sa se pa sou album shedley an li soti? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

antouka li fè yon ti efò nan vokal depatman an depi dènye fwa nou te tande'l nan "zafè'm se pa'm"...

YANVALOO... men djazz ou...

CHADAWOUT FÈ KENKEN
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

SE PA VRE!!!!!! SA PAKA MEI MEI!!!!!!

This song is HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! I am shocked! Her voice is gorgeous!!!

Way to go Mei Mei!

HIT. Shocked

princessj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting arrangement...
Her voice sounds a bit synthesized to me, wonder if she's using a vocoder? She really isn't showing much range on this track, and at times her singing voice sounds like she's talking through the song. I don't know if I would have been so ambitious as to do Alicia Keys, as few people can but Mei Mei did fairly well...she's obviously not tone deaf. In any case, it's a pleasant island sounding remix, nothing remarkable.

Last edited by princessj on Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
menkonpa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Try by Hangout and MeiMei. But they put so many effects in MeiMei's voice that she may not be able to sing that song live not even half as decent.
Hangout also skipped the hottest part of the original. The keyboard that repeats after the first chorus.
Pat, I have a heard a better konpa rendition before from a kid in Les Cayes, Haiti. I have the file, but I can't upload it on the board without his permission. Besides, it is not a published song.
But Hangout and MeiMei did a good job. This song is like a band-wagon. Soon many bands may start performing it live.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
poukisa mizik sa se pa sou album shedley an li soti? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

antouka li fè yon ti efò nan vokal depatman an depi dènye fwa nou te tande'l nan "zafè'm se pa'm"...

YANVALOO... men djazz ou...

CHADAWOUT FÈ KENKEN
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Laughing Laughing Laughing Mwen paka pale non pam lan. Laughing ... rete 2 lot ...Manti'm fe'?

Big VALBOSKI

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi, mwen gin goosebumps while listening to the song. Great job by Mei Mei and Hgout. Min kompa..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sak ta di sa ke ti pitit la te gin bel ti voix sa-a. Is it too soon to call her a Total Package?

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to accuse them of digitally enhancing her voice until I hear her live. But even the Mei Mei haters have to admit that there is SIGNIFICANT improvement.

She's not an upper echelon singer, but this song definitely suits her voice. Bravo to her. Keep up the good work.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: