Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Gracia & Richie's major BOOMSHOT at Ti Manno
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Gracia & Richie's major BOOMSHOT at Ti Manno
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big VALBOSKI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Gracia & Richie's major BOOMSHOT at Ti Manno Reply with quote Back to top

Ti Manno: In this track entitled: Sort Tiers Monde, at the 1:20 mark, he said that:" Le temps perdu ne se ratrappera jamais." In english:"The time wasted will never be recovered."

Gracia & Richie: In this track entitled: Yo Remele, at the 3:13 mark, they contradict Ti Manno big time by saying:

Negative people (the minority) preach this:" The time wasted will never be recovered."

Positive people (the majority) preach this: " It is never too late to do the right thing." That's where they stand.

As you can see, Gracia & Richie not only contradict Ti Manno, they go further to accusing him of being NEGATIVE and part of the MINORITY.

What is your take on the two views?

Where do you stand?

XXplosive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what i like about art and philosophy, no one has the right answer. You can defy any sayings as long as you make sense.
You can make a case for each of them but no one will come with a definite answer.

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Confused I don't think it's a SHOT at Ti Manno. They both know better than that. I think what's being said is that negative people can't see past the time wasted, whereas positive people recognize time was lost but also that there is also a future to look forward to.

Nice observation, though. Wink

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and I stand with the latter. You can't turn back time, but there's a chance to move on and make life better. Very Happy

Kunta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"The time wasted will never be recovered." and " It is never too late to do the right thing." are actually should never have been taken on the same context.

In reality TIME WASTED can never be recovered, but it is never too late to do the right thing is the continuation of TIME WASTED. You can't recover time, but you have time on your side to make up on. Timanno context on the song was about people wasting time and not doing a danm thing to make up for it. Sometime don't we all wish we can go back in time to fix an error? Instead we amend our past mistakes. It could be by asking for forgiveness, or do the right thing. Why waste time and fix the problem later? Stop wasting time and do the right thing in the moment. Don't wait later like richie and Gracia to amend. It is very basic. If you do like gracia and richie and waste time, you will waste more energy later to fix what was wasted.

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Big VALBOSKI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta, I agree totally with you. Ti Manno's message to us was to stop wasting our time and do something right now. I find that Ti Manno's message is more profound than Gracia & Richie's.

Ti Manno: Time is valuable - when we waste it, it's gone forever. Therefore, we should always do the right thing. Do not wait until it is too late and say if we had only known.

Gracia & Richie: Don't worry!! Take your time!!! It is never too late to do the right thing. In The meantime, waste some more time.......There is plenty left...

kompared

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
:" Le temps perdu ne se ratrappera jamais."

This quote is originally from Timano..??

Se LARAJ mezanmi... Wink

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Quote:
:" Le temps perdu ne se ratrappera jamais."

This quote is originally from Timano..??

Se LARAJ mezanmi... Wink

Surprised Are you saying it's not? Where's it from? I'm not familiar with his lyrics.

kompared

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Are you saying it's not? Where's it from? I'm not familiar with his lyrics.

This is a popular French quote, Timanno just used it like every one else. It is not from Timanno....
Wink
Boomshot at Timanno..?? KOLANGIETTT Razz Arrow

zipgenel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to understand both quotes you'd have to analyze the context in which they were used...

like kunta said... I don't think that Gracia and richie contradict ti manno...

ti manno was talking about people who are just watching time goes by and not taking action... those times that you've watched pass by you without doing anything will never come back... life is a circle... but time is a straight line... however, but that does not mean in the next second you cannot do something right.. but if you choose not to do something right again, then you are in the negativity.. you are just using time for nothing and you don't intend to do anything in the future... thats where richie and gracia's quote comes in... those who are using "le temp perdu ne se rattrapera jamais" not to do anything in the future... or in other words.. those who always have excuses in life... Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: