KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE.TI REGI.OLIVIERVICE.KATALOG ON ARTISTS PRIVATE LIVES!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: RICHIE.TI REGI.OLIVIERVICE.KATALOG ON ARTISTS PRIVATE LIVES! Reply with quote Back to top

We asked the following artists if the fans have every right to know everything about our hmi stars' private lives. This is what each one of them told me.

RICHIE (Zenglen): "Not really, even though some artists like myself are open books with nothing to hide. If it has to do with what comes from INSIDE MY HOUSE in terms of my kids, family, they don't need to know that. Your family should not be exposed to such scrutiny. However I have to say that the fans do trigger it for the Papparazi to know, and at times they will create stuff just to satisfy the thrist of the fans. There is an expression "Se Sot ki bay, Inbecile ki pa prand." Once you are an hmi star, you have to be very careful. You are no longer a regular person in the eyes of many because a lot of people are looking at you."

*TI REGI (Djakout): "NO. They do NOT have that right."

*OLIVIERVICE: "I would say there should be a LIMIT. They should NOT have the right to all the details about certain things. A perfect example was what they did to our bass player GERALD the other day. He did not even announce that he was married, and they posted a picture of him with his wife and kid on the internet. Something like that is off limits. If he had been married for many years, then it would have been ok, but something like that was wrong."

*KATALOG (Gabel): "I have no problem at all if the fans want to know everything about me and my personal life. As an artist, you are an open book. You have no private life."

RICHIE

TI REGI

OLIVIER

KATALOG

tibobdenazareth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good post.

Pat, this is what I think.

Artists (stars, superstars, megastars or stuggling musicians alike) do have private and public lives.

Their public life is EVERYBODY's domain. They talk about it, opine about it, interpret it, sometimes CREATE it etc.... That's the public's right and that's what's conveying the stardom status to the artist who would otherwise felt not important.

And HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT about this topic...

Their private life is ANYTHING THE PUBLIC DOESN'T KNOW.................... YET.

So, if BY ANY MEANS (whether already in the streets or fed by insiders) anybody outside of their private sphere knows anything about what shouldn't have been known, at that very moment, that "thing" becomes part of their public life. There's no going back. No information will stop being public to (re)become private. This is on ONE-WAY street!

The role of an artist who has reached any level of stardom is to control the gate by which private elements make it to the public domain. The public is NEVER responsible for what they know. Once they know it, it becomes public and they shouldn't be held accountable for nothing.

Pat, the true problem is about certain of our artists NOT KNOWING that. In other words, they are not ready for the stardom they are enjoying. An artist should never complain TO THE PUBLIC for stuff that the latter knows. He/she should blame him/herself for not having done a perfect job controlling the gate between his/her two types of life.

That's only my 2 cents.

LOLOVICE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tibobdenazareth wrote:
Good post.

Pat, this is what I think.

Artists (stars, superstars, megastars or stuggling musicians alike) do have private and public lives.

Their public life is EVERYBODY's domain. They talk about it, opine about it, interpret it, sometimes CREATE it etc.... That's the public's right and that's what's conveying the stardom status to the artist who would otherwise felt not important.

And HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT about this topic...

Their private life is ANYTHING THE PUBLIC DOESN'T KNOW.................... YET.

So, if BY ANY MEANS (whether already in the streets or fed by insiders) anybody outside of their private sphere knows anything about what shouldn't have been known, at that very moment, that "thing" becomes part of their public life. There's no going back. No information will stop being public to (re)become private. This is on ONE-WAY street!

The role of an artist who has reached any level of stardom is to control the gate by which private elements make it to the public domain. The public is NEVER responsible for what they know. Once they know it, it becomes public and they shouldn't be held accountable for nothing.

Pat, the true problem is about certain of our artists NOT KNOWING that. In other words, they are not ready for the stardom they are enjoying. An artist should never complain TO THE PUBLIC for stuff that the latter knows. He/she should blame him/herself for not having done a perfect job controlling the gate between his/her two types of life.

That's only my 2 cents.

amen to that. i agree with you 100%

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wjpkreyolla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

they should have some types of privacy,,but being an artist and having privacy can be very much impossible ,,little you know whatever you do somebody always knows,,,i guess this a price to pay for being famous and that is why they say to be a public figure you must have thick skin...there are some of the hmi artists whom i do not even pay attention to somehow i am always finding out about their most private lives ,,and those news are spread faster than the ray of light....shouldn't their privacy be respected,,,yes it should, but many times it is their own behaviors that bring them to the tabloid, some of them act like they are invincible and their deeds will never come to light,,,,

bottom line is an artist private life should be excluded from their music carrier.but they should be very wise on making decisions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: