KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHERE is TABOU COMBO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: TC Reply with quote Back to top

T-era aka jo...

Mwe avew all the way papi... Dola manman li gross 7 mois 2mois enko avan li akouche... mwen oue sonogram nan bel pitit min grose li.... pitit sa pra LOU.. anmwey!!!!
Map tan nou tout nan baby shower ya!!!!

Momo ...

Map siv ou and I heard what you said last night and you were right I'll fix it soon!

Madman JP

RonBass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello KM members it is nice to have this site active again…. hope all is well... and thank you Pat

This Thread caught my attention.
I agree 100% that Tabou Combo is an institution a very useful asset and contribution to the HMI. Other bands should learn from This Megastar band in the HMI. No other bands in the HMI has top their resume. This band has unbelievably brought Konpa to many countries.

A few years ago, I had a session in a studio that was owned by a Japanese woman. When she heard that I was Haitian, she came on my next session with an article from a popular Japanese newspaper that was about a Tabou concert in Japan. There were four pictures of different Tabou albums on that article. I asked her why did she keep the article. She said she attended the concert and it was a big event perhaps one of the biggest she has seen. I never knew that Tabou had such an impact on foreigners like that. I do not see any Haitian band right now that would leave that kind of scar.

It is true that Tabou in recent years has not kept their momentum up to par. The band has gradually gone in a phase of changing its direction other than keeping its original concept. With young musicians joining the group, Tabou had many opportunities to keep their spirit alive.

During my years in Tabou Combo, there was a plan to revive the band, to reconstruct, making the band what it used to be back in the 70’s to 90’s. Shortly after Herman Nau retired from the group, I myself along with Danny, Ralph, Fanfan and Rudy had a meeting discussing new ideas that had an outcome to creating a younger Tabou. I had introduced the name TC2 and also suggested in order for the new band to gain a fast recognition we should have two bands in one. The advantage would’ve been that both bands would be active and pulled both the old and new crowds.

The musical concept of TC2 would have been the same as Tabou’s old concept in which to blend popular American rhythms with Konpa. The difference would have been That TC2 would blend today’s popular American music with today’s Konpa. This was a piece of cake for Danny and I. In order to proceed with this plan, additional members were needed. A younger male and female singer and a rapper were the options in mind. In order for everyone to feel secure, I had suggested that the new band should be under the management and financial control of the old members. After all, TC2 would be benefiting from Tabou’s hard work and success.

I had started productions right away and tested them on young crowds. I had very positive reactions from the younger crowds. I had successfully worked on a formula to blend today’s R&B, Hip-hop and Rap with Konpa. The favorite was a Juicy Lucy Remix that I made. I plan to share that remix with you guys one day.

For some reason the members of Tabou Combo did not go ahead with this idea. Fanfan was the only one who seemed wanting to go ahead with this plan. I certainly hope that there can be a band like this band once was in the HMI.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember that.

Like I said previously, They are very very selfish. Dadou Pasquet is the prime example of their selfishness. JCJ compose Mabouya Dadou did all the arrangement, they received the payment from Santana. Meme ou plak yo pa bay Dadou.

I am willing to support Tabou Combo because it is bigger than the musicians they should belong to Kompa and Haiti.

Tabou Combo leaders need to take step right away so we don't loose the band. We can see clearly that Fanfan is leaning towards following Herman path... If Fanfan leaves I think Tabou might sink.

Kunta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget they left out most of the tracks dadou arrenged off their anthology 4CD set compilations.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
et-VII-era

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lemomo,
this is the story i heard from mr jean claude jean himself... yes, from the horses mouth. coq told me that he composed the song, the guitar solo in the song was first played by dadou but was written by coq himself. you have to also keep in mind that there were about 3 different versions of this song.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

& 7 era,

The history changed again. Why Jean Claude Jean did not play his own solo?

Please give the guy his due. Anyway si se pat pou selfishness yo we would not have a band such as Magnum.

Now what do you think of that day in November 2005 at Indian Community Center when they presented Mr. Joe Montour comme le nouveau chanteur du Tabou Combo de Petion Ville. Who do you think they were kidding?

How long Mr. Joe Montour has been with them? He had a very long \"stage\" training. Talk to me my brodeur.

moving forward...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: