KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FOREIGN BAND GETTING FAMOUS OFF OF CARIMI'S SONG?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: FOREIGN BAND GETTING FAMOUS OFF OF CARIMI'S SONG? Reply with quote Back to top

According to FITO FARINEN, there is a band based in the Antilles (I believe he might have said Curacao) that is getting famous off of Caimi's song "Por Favor".

They apparently have a rendition of that song that seems to be working in certain parts of the Antilles, and they are alledgedly getting a lot of gigs because of it. Fito claims to the point that people actually believe that THEY are the original writers of the song.

Fito said that he was scheduled to go down there to get to the bottom of the matter.

We'll keep you posted.

KM!

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL I hope Fito and Carimi is part of an Organization like SACEM or ASCAP...you might be owe a large sum of back royalties. Don't just to Curacao without a lawyer...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trackmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll find out myself....

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never heard of this cover...
Quote:
Fito claims to the point that people actually believe that THEY are the original writers of the song.
Fito said that he was scheduled to go down there to get to the bottom of the matter.

Ah bon? Now they woke up, and seem to talk about royalties? Nou pa ka fe'l nan HMI an but because it's Curacao... Rolling Eyes Fito dis moi que ce n'est pas ça?

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Friends from Bonaire always said they love Kompa in curacao and Bonaire. Good look fito and like Kunta said...gotta bring a lawyer.

Duke

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At least Curaceo is a Dutch Territory, there are copyright laws that are similar to the US. Good luck on this adventure.

PrincessSaSa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the news, KM.
Kunta, that is the samething I am wondering bro.
Track, I know you can find that track. So, I wait for your search results.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have the song here for you. We'll hook it up for your listening pleasure sometime in the morning.

You'll be the judge and let us know what you think.

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: