KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

JUDE JEAN (APRIL 2002)!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: JUDE JEAN (APRIL 2002)! Reply with quote Back to top

Jude Jean
Interview conducted by Patrick Desvarieux (April 2002)

KM: Jude, what are you guys (KDANS) up to now?

JUDE JEAN: We are working on several projects right now. We are in the studio finishing up a "Live" CD that we have coming out next month. You will get the chance to listen to the new tracks "Live", as well as a couple of interpretaions. We are also in the studio working on our next studio record. We hope to release that one later in the year or during the summer.

KM: Jude, can you confirm for us that you are working on a solo record. A lot of people say that you should have done that a long time ago.

JUDE JEAN: (Laughing) I did not want to reveal that piece of news yet, however since you broke it, I will indeed say yes that I am currently working on my first solo record as well. I will work with different producers such as Fabrice and Keke, as well as some members of KDans on the project. Look out for that one to be released after our fourth studio record is out.

KM: KDans' last record in my opinion is one of their best. Why do you think it hasn't made as much noise as it should make on the market?

JUDE JEAN: I totally agree with you on that point. It is an excellent record, but yet it is not making as much noise as we would have liked it to. I will tell you this. KDans has a marketing and promotion problem. I don't know what it is, or why that is, but that's exactly what I think. That is something that has to be rectified very soon. As a matter of fact, it will be rectified very soon. I guarantee you that.

KM: You have no videos for the new studio record. Why?

JUDE JEAN: Well, starting next month, we will shoot three music videos in Miami with Sylverster Hayes. Our manager Joubert has already spoken to him and taken care of the matter. They will shoot them when we come back to Miami for the Haitian Compas Festival.

KM: A lot of people on our site have been talking about a collaboration of some sorts between JUDE JEAN and ALAN CAVE. What do you think of that?

JUDE JEAN: (Laughs): It's funny you should say that. Alan Cave brought it up to me recently, and I thought he was joking. It's only after speaking to Joubert a little later that I found out that he was very serious about the project. I am all for it. Actually, it might be more than a song together. We're thinking of doing a whole record together. I think that should be fun to say the least. We will work on that very soon. Trust me.

KM: Any final words for your fans?

JUDE JEAN: We love them very much. Keep on supporting us. We love you very much.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: