KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ROBERTO MARTINO'S & JAMES CARDOZO'S BRUSH WITH ......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: ROBERTO MARTINO'S & JAMES CARDOZO'S BRUSH WITH ...... Reply with quote Back to top

According to JAMES CARDOZO, He and bandmate Roberto Martino had a close brush with the HAITIAN MOVIE SCREEN when they were both offered roles in the same movie.

James said that he turned down his role because they wanted him to play a RACIST. He said that would NOT have been good for his image as well as the band's.

Supposedly he was to have played a bad guy who opposed Roberto and love interest.

KM!

rika

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wasnt it for Cafe au lait?

SERE KOSE'W..PA PALÉ!!!!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking the exact same thing Rika.

BTW, if James is serious about getting into acting he may want to not focus so much on IF THE role is a GOOD or BAD person so much because some of the best and most memorable roles are those of villians SOMETIMES. Ask Ti Joe if playing Jude in "I love you Anne" hurt his image or his music career. Maybe playing a bad guy all the time may hurt your image but once and awhile it couldn't hurt and I hear they are more fun. JUST A SUGGESTION.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol,

I see what you are saying. Well that's how it should be in acting. It's just a role.

But... I'm surprised you would actually say that when you are the one who wrote the "You are kidding yourself if..." post in which you said there is a DOUBLE STANDARD against T-Vice.

And trust me, that double standard would have been applied in the case of this movie as well by many... (like always!)

So, I completely agree with both James and Roberto on this decision. Roberto also commented about that movie in the Q&A session we had with him on KM. He gave the same explanation as James. I don't know if you guys remember that, but he did.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz, you do have a point but in my post I did say the Martino brothers BUT I guess the double standard would also drift to any one who is part of the vice crew. POINT TAKEN Very Happy

I just don't want James to limit himself, because sometimes the role that puts you on the map might not necessarily be your quote on quote ideal good person.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me, he should have played it and show them folks that keep saying he has no talent. The fact he plays a racist and certain stupid Haitian folks cannot distinguish between a movie role and reality then let them. The reality is a movie role would not change their minds anyway.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LADYK, I totally agree iwth phyz on this one and I';me sure you see why.

I heard this a while back and I said the same thing. I am glad that the vice crew didn't take this deal. People already thi k that these guys are racist and they had to fight that stigma in the beginning. This would only bring it back. And lord knows if it would ever go away.

I know acting is acting, but sometimes actors do reufse roles that really go against their conscience.

Robie Rob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL WELL SAID GIRL. I DONT BLAME HIM ALSO.

HAITIANONE ITS NOT ABOUT TALENT BRO ITS ABOUT THE ROLE. SROMYEL STATED VERY WELL IN HER POST. AND BELIEVE ME THATS WHY HE PROBABLY TURN IT DOWN.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moncher mwen byen kontan yo pat pran role sa...

T-VICE tap tou fini. bann mal palan yo tap mandanraje.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Point taken, I guess even if Roberto wasn't the racist in the movie, old rumors would come up again and unfortunately it would be damaging to the whole T-Vice crew, SAD but true.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: