KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BETIZ FROM ATLANTA: INTERVIEW WITH VOCALIST!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: BETIZ FROM ATLANTA: INTERVIEW WITH VOCALIST! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is an interview conducted with the vocalist ROBESTE of the underground Atlanta group BETIZ. BETIZ created a major buzz when we put two of their songs on KM a few weeks ago. Check out the interview.

*MP3 SONG LINK "Lanmou Damou"
http://www.kompamagazine.com/mp3/betizld.mp3

KM: Tell us more about BETIZ. A little introduction on how you got together. Where you guys are from?

BETIZ: We are all from Haiti, but we live in Atlanta, GA. Betiz is now a new tempo in the haitian music history. We are just a bunch of talented, kind, and young musicians. We have yet come into our own and we keep exploring - making headway into another genre if you know what we mean. We are so different that why they love us.

KM: Why did you come up with the name Betiz out of all the names that you could have chosen?

BETIZ:You make me laugh man. Kolanget mesye. One way to another Betiz is coming out of everybody's mouth. Everyone like to say that word believe it or not. Let me tell you something Betiz is about fun, joy, happiness, konpa. It's an unique name and the unique blend will take us to the top.

KM: How far do you guys hope to take the band? Is this just a hobby type of thing or do you plan to go with it all the way?

BETIZ: Of course yes, we gonna do our best to take the band to another level. I don't think the haitian society is ready for it. When you talk about Entertainment, that's us Betiz. There is a lot of potential here man. Don't construe the criticism as hatred? The konpa music need more creative ventures like this that's we are doing right now.

KM: You read the response on KM Board in regards to your 2 songs what do you have to say about that?

BETIZ: That was our mistake, we apologize for that.These songs were not mixed and mastered by the time we sent them to KM. Let me set this record straight as you can see Betiz already made a big impact. Everywhere you go, people start talking about us. We receive lots of e-mails every day from our fans. We are not playing around. As our first single, Lanmou damou is a hit. If you listen to spirit, words, the song speak for itself. They already gave us a lot of credit for this song (lanmou damou). Haters talked about singer's voice. As a vocalist i wrote and composed Lanmou damou. They made comments that were not fusing well. We offer a hearty thanks to all haters for all their work on our behalf. Don't forget Criticism is part of our success.

KM: Any final words.

BETIZ: First and formost i want to thank God, the greatest all time for giving strenght and courage to make, compose good music and to do what i do. Of course, we must begin with our families and close friends. We are going to shoot a video, your favorite song" Lanmou damou". It's going to be crazy. Look out for this video. We, Betiz will fly with the highest on silver wings. Betiz forever.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: