KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Haitian Flag

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIYO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Haitian Flag Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone member here on KM has any link or document that can help me or other KM members know about our flag history.

I'm very confused on that issue. I tought the black and red was institued by the Duvalier, but I found out those colors date since our revolution era, and since then many flags came after.

If any members can share any knowlegde on that issue I'll appreciate their inputs.

Thanks,

Piyo [/b]

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Haitian Flag Reply with quote Back to top

PIYO wrote:
Does anyone member here on KM has any link or document that can help me or other KM members know about our flag history.

I'm very confused on that issue. I tought the black and red was institued by the Duvalier, but I found out those colors date since our revolution era, and since then many flags came after.

If any members can share any knowlegde on that issue I'll appreciate their inputs.

Thanks,

Piyo [/b]

I don't know if i can post the link in KM.

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

konpadiva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what information Neg Montreal has. However, this resource I use often and is very helpful as well.

http://www.discoverhaiti.com/history00_5_1.htm

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpadiva wrote:
Not sure what information Neg Montreal has. However, this resource I use often and is very helpful as well.

http://www.discoverhaiti.com/history00_5_1.htm

I didn't get the sam link but it's similar

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

PIYO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks konpadiva and neg_montreal

I did make some search myself, but the stories are not consistent. I found couple links with some very interesting infos. I gonna try to get the OK from Pat before I post them.[/b]

Neg Lakay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there's another page I like that have quite an intensive look at our flag's history from then to now...

http://flagspot.net/flags/ht-hist.html#ind
it might be helpful to read the notes as well; some insightful informations...

Peace!
Neg Lakay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: