KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TO LIVE UNDER PROTECTIVE CUSTODY AFTER RATTING OUT THE MOB!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: TO LIVE UNDER PROTECTIVE CUSTODY AFTER RATTING OUT THE MOB! Reply with quote Back to top

WOW....I can't help but imagine how UNCOMFORTABLE it is for people who live under PROTECTIVE CUSTODY after ratting out the mob.

You always have to look over your shoulder even if you assume a new identity...move to a far away town where no one knows you.

Short of PLASTIC SURGERY (Drastic at that) to disguise of mask your appearance, how can one live comfortably for the rest of your life under such circumstances.

RATTING OUT THE mOB...IS IT REALLY WORTH IT...OR EVEN IF THOSE RATS DON'T GO TO JAIL, IN REALITY, ARE THEY NOT IN JAIL ON THE OUTSIDE?

Food for thought.

KM!

Chachou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: TO LIVE UNDER PROTECTIVE CUSTODY AFTER RATTING OUT THE M Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
WOW....I can't help but imagine how UNCOMFORTABLE it is for people who live under PROTECTIVE CUSTODY after ratting out the mob.

You always have to look over your shoulder even if you assume a new identity...move to a far away town where no one knows you.

Short of PLASTIC SURGERY (Drastic at that) to disguise of mask your appearance, how can one live comfortably for the rest of your life under such circumstances.

RATTING OUT THE mOB...IS IT REALLY WORTH IT...OR EVEN IF THOSE RATS DON'T GO TO JAIL, IN REALITY, ARE THEY NOT IN JAIL ON THE OUTSIDE?

Food for thought.

KM!

Well whether they rat out the mob or not the life they lead or led leaves them in a prison anyway. But from what I've read many people have successfully adjusted to the life of witness protection life.

I think it is worth it because by doing that you save so many people's lives. The mob are terrorists in their own rights. They terrorize business and communities in which they operate--people disappear and know the mob has them in a freezer or at the bottom of the river somewhere yet they can't complain to the authorities in fear of their and their family's life.

So yes it is worth it because whether they testify or not they would either end up dead because they can't really get out of that life style.

"The Brightest Future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches." Anonymous

salime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is not easy at all! The hardest thing for me, If I were to be in that situation,will to not being able to talk or see your family ever again. At times, when you go to the witness protection program, you have to cut ties with your past(family, friends etc..).

Chachou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Salime! Reply with quote Back to top

salime wrote:
It is not easy at all! The hardest thing for me, If I were to be in that situation,will to not being able to talk or see your family ever again. At times, when you go to the witness protection program, you have to cut ties with your past(family, friends etc..).

Most of these former mafia related people couldn't careless about family and friends. Most of them are cold blood and simply live a selfish life.

For me and you it would be difficult because we are caring and law abidding citizens but some of these peopel will kill their own mother if the mafia told them to so I don't think that is a concern for them.

Mind you I am generalizing but based on what I've read and documentaries I've seen that is a sad but true majority reality.

"The Brightest Future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches." Anonymous

jugaal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chachou wrote:

Quote:
Most of these former mafia related people couldn't careless about family and friends. Most of them are cold blood and simply live a selfish life.

I could not have said it any better. These people have no conscience. Their soul was sold and the key thrown away eversince they have decide to join the MOB.

Neg Lakay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now there seem to be a misconception here people in the witness protection program are not just ex-mob members. In fact most of them are not. The actual cold-hearted mob members or ex-mob members will usually prefer to not rat out on their peers by fear of retaliation, they know how deep the mafia runs even in the legal institution and would usually not want to go that route because they think the mob will get to them no matter how well protected they are.
Most people you will find on witness protection are victims or family or friends of victims, or people who have witness a serious crime and come forward to testify to it. There certainly are ex-criminals in the program but most of them are not... And they do feel for the most part that they're in a prison because they can't be in contact at all with their family they can't go wherever they want, etc... there are many more conditions that I can't remember now, but it is indeed very hard on them. Now is it worth it to them? The answer may vary depending on the individual, but one thing that all will probably tell you is that they would not wish that on anyone because it's not a good way of life at all.

Peace!
Neg Lakay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: