KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Paralyzed Girl Forgives Shooter in Court

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleepy haitian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Paralyzed Girl Forgives Shooter in Court Reply with quote Back to top

Updated: 11:02 AM EDT
Paralyzed Girl Forgives Shooter in Court
By DENISE LAVOIE, AP

BOSTON (April 14) - Five-year-old Kai Leigh Harriott sat in the front of the courtroom in her wheelchair and looked directly at the man who had just pleaded guilty to firing the shot that paralyzed her.

Talk About It: Post Thoughts

At first, she broke down, crying harder than she ever had since the night nearly three years ago when Anthony Warren fired three rounds at the house where she was sitting on a porch.

After a sip of water and some consoling from her mother, Kai spoke.

"What you done to me was wrong," she said to the man seated just 10 feet away. "But I still forgive him."

"What you done to me was wrong. But I still forgive him."
-Five-year-old Kai Leigh Harriott, to defendant

Warren, 29, of Boston, had been scheduled to go to trial on six assault and weapons charges last month. He instead pleaded guilty to all charges Thursday.

Prosecutors say Warren, his brother and others had an argument with people who lived on the first floor of the three-family house where Kai lived with her family. They left, then Warren returned around 11 p.m. on July 1, 2003, and fired three rounds at the house.

One of the bullets hit Kai - then 3 years old - as she sat on a third-floor porch with an older sister. The bullet shattered her spine, permanently paralyzing her from the chest down.

After his guilty plea, the girl, her mother and two sisters gave emotional statements to Judge Margot Botsford, who then sentenced Warren to 13 to 15 years in prison and five years' probation.

here's the link

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060413203209990003&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Calista

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This little girl has such a big heart, we can learn a lot from her!!!
God will continue to bless her.

Calista

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: