KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*ALAN CAVE'S NEW CD: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KM CD REVIEW!*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: *ALAN CAVE'S NEW CD: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KM CD REVIEW!* Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE song by song cd review of ALAN CAVE's latest cd "DE LA TETE AUX PIEDS". WILL BE RELEASED ON FRIDAY...but we got you the lowdown TODAY!

*1) JWENN: The LYRICS will make YOU & HER identify and fall in love with the song. Song is about when you know you've found "THE ONE". The LOVE OF YOUR LIFE....YOUR SOULMATE.
"Mwen jwen yon fanm..Si se pat li...Pa kon kote La Vim' ta Ye".
"Mwen Fou Pou Li...Li Dekontrole Mwen...Manvi Presente li toupatou"
This song has HIT WRITTEN ALL OVER HIT. ALAN JWEN yon MEGA HIT avekmizik sa.

*2) GE FEMIN: This song is a tribute to women about men that are deeply in love. With lyrics like "Kote'w Passe, Kote'w vire mwen la...MAP SUIV OU JE FEMIN.....Min si se nan lanfer minnim doudou..MAP SUIV OU JE FEMIN." Easy to remember chorus with catchy words. A HIT RECORD. It has a ZIN SON LARI type of guitar at the 2:40 mark that is very good. It starts as a slow tempo track and switches to mid-tempo/fast. Will be a hit LIVE song as well for ZIN if they play it.

*3) CHIC CHEC CHOC: Added here because of faster tempo I suspect. Interesting story that we explained on KM before about a girl that has 3 guys for different purposes. Great live potential...Nice rap on the song. Not one of my favorites on the cd, but if pushed LIVE by Zin because of uptempo style, might make some noise. I did not think it should have been the third song on the cd in terms of placement.

*4) AMOKILELE: Starts off like a very down and dreary song. Would NOT have put this song as the fourth song. There is a siwel sound at the 1:20 mark that might hit a lot of hearts. It switches to a very upbeat catchy chorus. TO ME...An ok song that should have been towards the end of the cd in terms of song placement.

*5) LANMOU SA (Featuring VILX): NICE GUITAR on this song. It's what you would categorize as a LISTEN song...AGAIN WRONG SPOT on the cd IN MY OPINION. It should have been towards the end. It's a NICE MELLOW DOWNER OF A SONG with a nice VILX rap in there. NOT HIT MATERIAL...but good to listen to.

*6) CAN'T DO THIS TO ME: This song is CATCHY AS HELL and has extremely good potential to be a hit. It will tug at many people's heartstrings because of the lyrics talking about "Being Hurt", but lots of people will relate to it, and that will make it very popular.

*7) MIN MWEN: MY FAVORITE TRACK ON THE CD. I actually like the FASTER REMIX VERSION at number 16 better, but either way...BOTH VERSIONS ROCK and are HITS! This song has a towel named HIT ALL OVER IT. Very feel good uplifting song. WILL BE A MAJOR HIT FOR ALAN CAVE. ANMWEY....FIRST LISTEN and you will LOVE IT.

*Cool MALERE: Has a CARIBBEAN SEXTET flavored intro. One of the few UPTEMPO/MID-TEMPO songs that stays that way from the beginning to the end. Because of that, it will stand out on the cd. At the 1:48 mark, there is a sick guitar groove that has lots of flavor. RADIO and LIVE MIGHT make this song a favorite. Let's wait and see.

*9) TCHELELE: DIFFERENT/INTERESTING intro. The beat is very different and will be the favorite of many that love something different out of the norn. CLASSY STUFF. ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS ON THE CD. A MUSICAL MASTERPIECE in terms of the instrumentation, vocals, and arrangements. This one is for those that love great beautiful music.

*10) HAPPY BIRTHDAY: For the ZIN fans. Those that love AC solo songs are not always ones that love Zin songs, but this is a track that could have easily been found on a Zin track. He probably put it in there to remind people that after all ZIN IS STILL PART OF ALAN CAVE. It's an OK song...maybe I'm too used to it because it's been out for awhile "LIVE".

*11) DE LA TETE AUX PIEDS: Single that was already released on the market as the first OFFICIAL track of of this cd.

*12) TOU KAREMAN: Another gem...even though what I heard before in the studio is NOT what came out here on record....just like it happened to me with Carimi's "Couvre Feu". Hopefully this song does NOT get lost in the shuffle because of where they placed it. This song DESERVES A BETTER OUTCOME.

*13) BAN'M KE'W: STRICTLY FOR THE ZOUK MARKET. A Zouk song that might tickle the fancy of the Zouk lovers, and those in the Antilles market.

*14) YE SWA REMIX: This song is called LAST NIGHT on the cd. It features rapper VILX and vocalist MAYER. Different than the original version. Just a bonus track here. Might attract the young Haitian Americans.

*15) REMIX...CAN'T DO THIS TO ME...WHY?
*16) REMIX...MIN MWEN: FASTER TEMPO than the original one. I actually think that THIS IS THE VERSION that should have been given PRIORITY because of its faster tempo, but it does NOT matter because both versions have hit written all over them.
*17) REMIX...TCHELELE....WHY?

*NEGATIVE NOTES

*SONG PLACEMENT leaves a lot to be desired. Song placement can make or break a cd in many people's opinions, especially when a customer is asking a record store clerk to play the cd for him/her. What the person will do is play the tracks ONE AFTER THE OTHER. If the customer is not impressed by the tracks that he/she hears FIRST, they will NOT stick around to listen to the songs at the end of the cd. Alan put some very good songs towards the middle or end of the cd...and ones that SHOULD HAVE BEEN towards the middle or end IN THE FRONT.

*TOO DOWN MELLOW SONGS CONNECTED: A couple of sad..down mellow songs are put BACK TO BACK with each other. Some won't like thatat all.

*REMIXES: AGAIN Same problem as Alan's last cd with the remix. I AGREE WITH THE REMIXES for MIN MWEN and YE SWA (Last Night), but I see NO PURPOSE for the remixes to TCHELELE and CAN'T DO THIS TO ME. The REGULAR VERSION OF TCHELELE is already a MASTERPIECE in itself...LEAVE IT ALONE.

*POSITIE NOTES:

*THIS CD will do DAMAGE in the hmi. You just might have in your hands the BEST CD FOR 2007 regardless of what else comes out or came out.

*HITS: I count 4 POSSIBLE MEGA HITS on this cd. The KEYWORD being MEGA HITS in "JWEN", "MIN MWEN", "GE FEMIN", and "CAN'T DO THIS TO ME". If you add "De La Tete au Pieds" in there, that's one more.

*This guy is well on his way to becoming an HMI LEGEND, if he is not already seen that way. HE DELIVERED BIG TIME ON THIS CD...

2007...ALAN CAVE....It's your year...DO YOUR THING!

*I STRONGLY RECCOMEND THIS CD...and I strongly suspect that even if most people told you that the cd was not good (WHICH IT IS), ALAN CAVE IS IN A POSITION RIGHT NOW that YO PATAP OKUPE'W.

A 5 STAR KM COLLECTION CLASSIC KEEPER! I haven't been able to take this cd out of my audio player....THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Kreziiste

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Map tann album sa........AC it's a real love compas song hit maker

wallywal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pat pa gin concours pou album sa? Laughing

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,

With a break down like that , who would not want to get their hands on that cd? Laughing Laughing

Can t wait to get it.

TOTOVICE

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those songs called "Ge femin" and "Can't do this to me" Embarassed Embarassed
I can't wait to hear the whole album. So far so good Arrow

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow....NEED THAT CD ASAP...bon bagay pat Wink

Melokompa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat thanks for the review, i can not wait for the cd. I hope the remixes are great.

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

legende lan ap fe bagay yo mache...

de la tete aux pieds... en vente at km.com... buy your copy today.. Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

APRES ALAN PA GUIN LOT............LOT NIVO.....SUAVE MENTE.....CANT WAIT.........6 YRS WAS TOO DANM LONG Cool

--Winston Churchill

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THX FOR THE REVIEW PAT, BON BAGAY!!!

WHY THOSE REMIXES?

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: