KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HANGOUT 4 POUVWA: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KM CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zipgenel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
As a threat?

All HANGOUT has done is drop a VERY GOOD CD. The way that the business is today....THAT IS NOT ENOUGH. They need to market the band and THIS CD...

DJAKOUT will still have the advantage in terms of LIVE...NO ONE CAN TOUCH THEM.

NU LOOK will still have the advantage in terms of PURE COMPAS DIRECT ...No one can touch

ZENGELN has the CDS and MASTERFUL COMPOSITIONS....but are struggling a bit on the LIVE circuit in terms of attendance. If anything...ZENGLEN is probably the band that is THE CLOSEST to being affected by Hangout's cd because of BAL ATTENDANCE NUMBERS ONLY!

KM!

thx... I like the way you broke it down...
I think there will be a time the rivalry nu-look/hangout will be taking the hmi by surprise... or if gracia returns nu-look/zenglen... and in both case nu-look will benefit from both...

If I was the hangout crew... I would drop a live version rapid o presto...

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg,
What did i do that was so amazing?
All i did was aknowledge a cd being
better than another one.
Anyway poukisa pou ke nou ap sote konsa?
Nou sezuuuuurrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Hangout just showed you guys
How a kompa direk band's studio version
Should have been. That's all folks!!!!!!!

neg_okap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam wrote:
Neg,
What did i do that was so amazing?
All i did was aknowledge a cd being
better than another one.
Anyway poukisa pou ke nou ap sote konsa?
Nou sezuuuuurrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Hangout just showed you guys
How a kompa direk band's studio version
Should have been. That's all folks!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Anmwey

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg okap,
Gade jan-m fe ke ou kontan
Ala on mwen min-m sa
Mezanmi gade on cd
Cd a pa gen pwoblem:
Chante
Guitarist
Sond
Ata fashion li pa gen pwoblem
Si-m te fanatik intel mwen pa ta-p
foutu ka enjoy cd sa-a
Se bon pou ou

neg_okap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam wrote:
Neg okap,
Gade jan-m fe ke ou kontan
Ala on mwen min-m sa
Mezanmi gade on cd
Cd a pa gen pwoblem:
Chante
Guitarist
Sond
Ata fashion li pa gen pwoblem
Si-m te fanatik intel mwen pa ta-p
foutu ka enjoy cd sa-a
Se bon pou ou

Se Album hangout k'ap diskite la balfam.Ou te kouri apres 3 jours gra yo,ou tounen ankor nan dada lobey la. Laughing Laughing m'ap veye'w pi dur. Laughing Laughing
Back to the topic please,
Hangout fe yon bon album and i've been listening to it for the past 3 days.
Mizik prefere'm se Anbrase'm.Pipo depoze yon bel vocal nan mizik sa.Bon bagay net.

Balfam, back to the topic please. Laughing

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, I guess the stars of the group(JUNIOR, TINES, PIPO) should make it their business to pressure the producers or the group manager to PUSH the CD to the max. At the end it is going to be their career or/and their work losses.
HANGOUT management or CD producers METE GRANMOUN SOU NOU.. Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1Bagay Djakout la mwne pa ladan'n , But this Cd mwen pa we Fot non .... Been enjoying it for a while and it will grow on you .... few song didn't like 3 monts ago now i love ...

Gere lele'w is Djakout but they been doing that with Fred Hilaire in a couple of song so i knew that songs was coming..

As far as hit i'm not sure yet , but i really think they should push that Cd to the max... Play at least 6 songs if not more in Bals , It will Grow on people Good Job.... Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompekok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don’t know, to me this album lacks originality, as some the grooves in many of the songs are exact replica of Nu-Look’s. Moreover, Pipo at times, make some vocal sound just like Gazman; in one song, he sounds like Kino whereas in a couple of other songs he sounds like Frero. As for Mei Mei, her voice is too nasal, it sounds like her has been enhanced in the studio. She would have to sing that song live to convince me.

The album is nice; however, it lacks originality as far as I am concern.

(Dadou Pasquet)

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A model of haitian business
Sometimes I wonder if most Haitian business owners "Pa gen yon kote yo ap vole". Since I read on KM that HO CD was out, I paid three visits to a CD store on Nostrand around the East Flatbush area to try yo get a copy.
First visit: 5:30 pm. They buzz me in, five gentlemen were inside the store drinking alcohol watching TV and listening to music. I asked for the latest HO, one of them, I presume the owner, alcoholic beverage on one hand, came over and told me that they did not have it. To my dismay, he was shocked that I mentioned a new CD. A few of the others shouted to him, "Ah ou pat travay non, CD soti ou pa konin, ou pa geyen yo". He unsuccesfully tried to convince me to buy a movie or another CD. Then, He suggested that I pass by tomorrow after 5:00 pm.

Second visit: Knowing my Haitian brothers, I went back to the store 2 days after. Same script, different cast, with a few returning actors. 6 gentlemen, alcohol, music TV. This time another one, alcoholic beverage on one hand came to serve me. I ask for the new HO. He handed the old HO CD to me, and started saying " CD fek soti, bon bagay, bon ti group". I'm looking at him wondering if he was drunk, stupid, retarded or all of the above. I politely told that the CD that he is displaying has been out for quite sometimes now and that I already own a copy. As the true Haitian that he is, he quickly replied, "Ou pa jam konin, mwen montre'l pou si oca ou te pedu pa ou la". Then we went through the same drill, he tried to coerce me into buying another CD or a movie. I declined, he suggested that I come back tomorrow after 5Surprisedo PM. Then, he resumed his drinking and rejoined the other 5 whom by then were involved in deep socio-political analysis of the CRISIS in Haiti.

Third visit: I save my self the trouble.

My review of my attempt at getting the new HO CD.

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, store is located on rogers, NOT NOSTRAND, around east flatbush area. I just do not want it to be confused with any other stores. Back to the topic, I had to get the previous off my chest. I wanted to say more about it, but I do not know if that is allowed on KM.

Back to the topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: