KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ROBERTO MARTINO'S MUSIC IDOLS & FAVORITE HMI BAND!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: ROBERTO MARTINO'S MUSIC IDOLS & FAVORITE HMI BAND! Reply with quote Back to top

We asked ROBERTO MARTINO of T-VICE who his favorite HMI artist of all time was, as well as his favorite band of all time, this is what he told us.

ROBERTO: "My favorite HMI artists of all time are none other than ROBERT MARTINO my father and SHOUBOU. Being that I am a singer and guitar player, I had to choose one for each instrument. As far as SHOUBOU is concerned, ever since I was a kid, I tried to follow in his direction vocally. He's one of the artists that I would love to do a song with. I like his musical style, and that is why if you notice in terms of my vocals, I did not go the "soft" route in terms of the new generation style of music. I went the compas direct route vocally. It's all because of SHOUBOU. As far as My dad, I have been listening to his work ever since I was a kid. He is an innovator in Compas. He brought that WAWA sound into it (Peter Frampton), and I do believe that a lot of time, he was ahead of his time."

ROBERTO'S FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME: "My favorite HMI band of all time is SYSTEM BAND. I used to drive 1 HOUR to go see System Band in Miami whenever they came to town. I used to love going just to watch the marriage of guitars between REGINALD BENJAMIN and RONALD SMITH. I also used to go to Djoumbala in Haiti to see them. They really got me a lot with the CESAR and AVEG albums. They were so good at getting people to come to their bals in Miami that they used to call them VACCUM because they use to come and suck people's money out of their pockets. (Laughs)"

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great!!! I'm learning new stuff.

Thx PAT

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

DJKrazyMIx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE THIS GUY MAN!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
T-Clef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a classic one!!

Menmsi T-Vice jwe yon kompa nouvelle generation, Roberto se deye kompa direk la li kanpe oui. That's interesting!!

XXplosive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shoubou and System band, interesting to know.

owen1055

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The man has good taste when it comes to music

didine261

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good taste big up

Angel_Smile1982

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not surpised at all. Because Roberto is one of my favorite artist I have known this information for a long time now. His the one that got me listening to Band System. lol I'm young but I gotta thank him for that.

But I didn't know Shoubou was his favorite. That's nice.

Hey Roberto WAWA. That's nice work guys!!!!!!!!!!

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Roberto se sa li yé wi. Nou wè pou kissa T-vice gen anpill discipline... Si yo nèg inspiré de Shoubou ou pa ka indiscipliné. Quant à System band tou nèg génration sa a(dont mwen menm), se System nou yé

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: