KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BRUTUS.GLENNY.TI NES.KATALOG ON HMI IDOLS/BANDS!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: BRUTUS.GLENNY.TI NES.KATALOG ON HMI IDOLS/BANDS! Reply with quote Back to top

WE asked BRUTUS (Zenglen), TI NES (Hangout), GLENNY BENOIT (Carimi), and KATALOG (Gabel) which artist/artists were their hmi idols growing up, or favorite artist, as well as their FAVORITE HMI BANDS of all time so far...check out what they had to say.

BRUTUS: "I have different favorite artists, but the one that is at the top of my list is none other than DADOU PASQUET. I've been following Dadou for a long time. He is a guy who simply has UPGRADED Compas music. Even though the majority of the people did not really understand his music the way that they should have, DADOU is the one for me. As far as bands, I was always a fan of different rivalries in the hmi, so I was always one ONE SIDE of the fence. I was a TROPICANA fan in their rivalry with Septan. I was a DP EXPRESS fan in their rivalry with Scorpio. I was a SKAH-SHAH fan in their rivalry with Tabou, and I was a FRERES DEJEAN fan in their rivalry with System."

GLENNY: "My favorite artist/HMI Idol of all time is DADOU PASQUET. Not only did he play the guitar, he also sang and composed. Most of all I like him the best because he is DIFFERENT than the rest. As far as bands, I would say MIZIK MIZIK. They are the ones that got me to actually play COMPAS music. I was part of the Church choir before, but Mizik Mizik...se yo ki te fe mwen vle jwe Compas."

KATALOG: "My favorite artist of all time is SHOUBOU. Everything he does is good. That's for the old generation. As far as new generation, it's GRACIA DELVA. I like both of them for the type of vocalist they are, as well as their stage presence. As far as band, my favorite of all time is TABOU COMBO, and I must tell you that it's because of SHOUBOU.".

TI NES: "To tell you the truth, the artists that I would say are my idols are NOT Haitian artists. They are WILLIE COLON and BOBBY VALENTINO. But if you ask me who my favorite Haitian artist of all time is, I will say ANSY DEROSE. As far as band, I would go with MAGNUM BAND because they were NOT afraid to play whatever they FELT like. In other words, they were not afraid to let the music take them wherever it led them.

KM!

XXplosive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dadou Pasquet se te yon verite vre wi. No wonder neg yo renmen'l konsa.

Me and U

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good with pictures at leats I will know them. Great info.

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon bagay net!!!

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

Ti piman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow KM i really like this new part on the board, it's very interesting so keep it up!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: