KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ACHILL'S EMERGENCY PHONE CALL DECLARATION TO KM!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dou you guys really think that sitting down with Richie will stop him from leaving the band. Everybody with the "6em sans" (common sense) could see that rupture coming miles away, at this point, after freeing himslef of all major responsibilities in the band, the only person who can keep Richie in Zenglen is Richie himself. Now the question is, will he sacrifice his own ambition of having his own band and being in full control of it just to make some fans happy. You guys need to remember this is the issue of not having enough control in the band that prompted him to resign as mastreo, producer etc.

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder then its just EGO. The same reason Pink Floyd, The Beatles broke up. EGO. Always someone breaking something because he thinks he can do better.

But then again.....as far as I see..............its all speculations..........

The only concrete info is that Brutus came up in KM saying Ritchie was absent because some dealings with Achill. And then Achil came back saying he is like a dove. It is above.

And Pat adding some hints as to what this is about it.

Could Brutus or Ritchie or Archil or somebody do a press released and please inform what this rice with mango is all about?

If he leaves so be it. I mean is not like anybody is going to jump off bridges, you know.

Nu Look is also making real good music.

Dime mwen k kote u ye, ke ou tu pale, avenue de la passion, dime
mwen ...dimelo cantando!!!!!!!

Mexkompa roots

Last edited by Mexkompa Roots on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PrincessSaSa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

soukompa wrote:
Negkreyol you just dont know the storie then,Richie is the problem not Archill only Richie have a solution to His problems.

Welcome to the board, Soukompa!!! I, too, wonder if you are Eric but I really doubt that Eric would state such a thing. Question

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Richie HAS a problem. However, it is very UNFAIR to say that Richie IS the problem. For all I am concerned, Richie was a SOLUTION for ZENGLEN. His dedication, talent, skills and hard work are major reasons why ZENGLEN is where they are today as far as SUCCESS & SURVIVAL are concerned.
ZENGLEN is a team and every team needs a leader. Richie played that role of leader for a long time and that is why we have what we have here today with ZENGLEN--YON DJAZZ MOVE MOVE!!!

Archill played an important role as well, which is investor. As stated before, ZENGLEN is a team. Therefore, I agree with Negkreyol when he states that Archill should have a conference with Richie to figure out the best solution. Only after one has exhausted all of their options do they allow one of their key team members to go about their merry way. Idea

Jean Herard Richard aka Richie will make the best decision for HIMSELF in the end. It is always nice to consider the whole band but from a business standpoint, YOU come first. Although I would really hate to see Richie leave ZENGLEN, I am hoping that he does NOT leave Crying or Very sad, I must say that I will support whatever decision he deems best for himself.

Peace!

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PrincessSaSa wrote:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Richie HAS a problem. However, it is very UNFAIR to say that Richie IS the problem. For all I am concerned, Richie was a SOLUTION for ZENGLEN.

Wait a minute here madame PR! Are you implying that Ritchie is no longer part of the fold? Your sentence carries a past tense. I wasn't sure if it's on purpose or...a typo. A little clarification (from someone like you who's an insider) would help a whole lot. Wink

Ritchie leaving Zenglen is just aboout everybody's worst nightmare. Tht much is for sure.

Ti Boxer

PrincessSaSa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Wait a minute here madame PR! Are you implying that Ritchie is no longer part of the fold? Your sentence carries a past tense. I wasn't sure if it's on purpose or...a typo. A little clarification (from someone like you who's an insider) would help a whole lot.

Ritchie leaving Zenglen is just aboout everybody's worst nightmare. Tht much is for sure.

Correction, Ti Boxer. SaSa has not been ZENGLEN PR for ~3 months now. Wink

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Princess, your kreyol highness; from a pure business point of view it doesn’t seem to be a good move for Richie. That is my opinion. He has worked and spent the last ten years of his life on this project. It is quite an investment.

I could understand if the band was not doing well. But they and Nu Look are the new comers that came true. The new generation that took the torch and marched on.

As you said, we will support them.

Haitianone asks how they can do it. I think is because the musical concept they have its loved and appreciated. In my case as long as they keep coming with this full sound and this music both Ritchie and Zenglen would continue have my support and appreciation for their music.

Zenglen > May God shade some light to make you make the best decision.

Truly yours,

Mexkompa Roots

4 Bel music > Always zenglen....>>>>>

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to me taht every time the band is doing well, something has to happen. Why the problem has to be between archille and richie. Instead of archille saying taht is richie's problems, i think it can be archille's problems as well. if you have a good employee and want to keep him, well you need to take care of that employee.
Right now, i am telling u, zenglen is doing well. Without richie, i think zenglen will survive. But, there will always be an " unknown" in the zenglen equation.
So, i hope they can put aside their differernces and work for the public.
Good luck to all parties.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just find this whole thing bizarre and quite sad. However, the good thing that will come of this is that another compas will be formed and given Richie's talent, I think this group, if it comes to form, will be a success.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No kiddin' Sassa!!!! Ah non - Ti boxer ginler se nan foret labite vre! Oh well... Thanks for the update. I'll retract my question then.

Ti Boxer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: