KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Baby Doc message (lil something i found and want to share)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't disagree with anyone here. I will just add When he left i did too and Back then i had fun in the (pays) ............ To mee everything was cool.

So i don't really see no reason for him not to go back.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Machiavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Duvaliers were not saints. Haiti went through a brutal dictorship under the Duvaliers. Having said that, who can honestly say that Haiti is better off now than when the Duvaliers were in power?

jacomo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?,

As boulvardestubes mentioned above, Haiti is where it's at mainly because of the Duvaliers' mismanagement, and years of instilling corruption in the minds of our people. You have to understand that even after Duvalier was gone, the country was ruled by people who were under his command at one point. What you've witnessed for the past 20 years is the after-effect of the seeds that the duvaliers planted. These seeds were so profound that we were never able to emancipate from them. No excuses can be made for what happened under his brutal regime...whether or not you think the country was better off then or now is somewhat irrelevant. It's like asking were blacks in America better off under slavery or the Jim crow era. Not much of a choice.....make no mistake about that......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The bottom line is that Haitians need to hold themselves accountable for Haiti's current situation. We can make the Duvalier regime the scapegoat, but the stark truth is that everyone is responsible for the demise of our homeland.
We need to stop making excuses and stop killing one another.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may add that a lot of us were kids under the Duvalier's regime so I for one didn't know the whole deal. But from what I'm seeing Duvalier is the main fact that there are so many haitians abroad...I met one not too long ago he's been here her for over 40 years after Francois ordered to kill 18 young army personal and one of which was a family member. Haitians been fleeing Haiti seeking refuge since 1957.

Duke

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the clip last night (thanks Yanva) and all I'll say is STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE BUDDY.

My father was almost killed January 31st 1986 because of this Regime. All he ever did was being a simple citizen. We were home that day and next thing you know, a truck load of Macoutes showed up to the house and proceeded to take my old man away...

Whether it's Jean-Claude Duvalier aka Baby Doc or Jean-Bertrand Aristide, Haiti is better off without the two of them.

We as a nation will find a way to rebuild our country, we don't need those two.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: