KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ALAN CAVE.OLIVIER VICE & JUNIOR HANGOUT ON DEATH PENALTY

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: ALAN CAVE.OLIVIER VICE & JUNIOR HANGOUT ON DEATH PENALTY Reply with quote Back to top

Like we've been doing, we like to ASK THE HMI STARS certain questions of different topics to see what they say. It's our way of showing you that they are about MORE than just music.

THIS EPISODE, we asked ALAN CAVE, OLIVIER DURET (TVice), and JUNIOR (Hangout) about the DEATH PENALTY. We asked them

*IF someone kills another person, would they prefer that the guilty party get the DEATH PENALTY or LIFE IN PRISON...READ below what each of them had to say on this subject.

*ALAN CAVE (Zin): "It depends. If somebody kills someone straight up for absolutly no reason, I really don't see that person's purpose on this earth. I would say give that person the death penalty. However, there are instances where someone might kill by reason of insanity where something drives that person to do a crime. Example someone who might kill his/her lover or the person that his/her lover is seeing, in other words, "si yon moun ap koupe fanm ou", in a case like that, I would say Life in Prison."

*OLIVIER DURET (TVice): "It depends on how the person kills the person. It could be self-defense. In that case, life in Prison or something less might make more sense. You have to analyze the circumstances. It depends on HOW the person feels. Again, it is also hard to say unless you are in that situation where you are directly being affected. In reality, I am against the death penalty because it does not make any sense to KILL someone because of the same reason that he/she is on trial."

*JUNIOR (Hangout): "If the crime id sone voluntarily, I say give the person life in jail. If done INvoluntarily, give that person YEARS and then release him/her. The funny thing is, if it's a family member of mine that is the victim, if it's up to me, THAT person can die the very next day via the death penalty. I would not feel right to know that that person is still alive in jail."

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like Olivier's statement.

Good job Pat!

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: