KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RAPPER "PROOF" SHOT TO DEATH OUTSIDE OF DETROT NIG

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: RAPPER "PROOF" SHOT TO DEATH OUTSIDE OF DETROT NIG Reply with quote Back to top

By TOM KRISHER, Associated Press Writer

DETROIT - Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile, the road made famous by the 2002 film that starred Eminem and in which Proof had a bit part.

Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was one of two people shot in the head after an argument escalated into gunfire, said Detroit police spokesman James Tate.

The other person — a 35-year-old man — was critically wounded, Tate said.

Plans for a memorial service were incomplete, said Dennis Dennehy, publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records.

"His friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

D12, whose members include Eminem, has been around since the mid-1990s, when members of the rap group met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day and a hip-hop club by night.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances.

The two men were shot inside the C.C.C. nightclub, a small bar in a strip of businesses along Eight Mile, which divides Detroit and its northern suburbs, Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility.

In December, another member of Eminem's inner circle — rapper Obie Trice — was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway.

Raymi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is sad to hear. He's been by Em's side from the get go and is usually his hype man in live performances.
I saw him Perform about 2 or 3 months ago as a solo artist at a local club in Lansing, Michigan, and he tore the place down.

The circle of violence just never seems to end. It's hard to undertand how these guys can become millionaires and yet for the sake of keeping their street cred, they still frequent places and associate with people who wont mind killing them at a moment's notice.

Paix a son ame.

Much love
Raymi.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw M&M yesterday at the Conner Creek facility. I saw so many people who probably wouldn't have left their houses to go vote, but they were out there crying in the parking lot for this Poof guy. I have to admit that I had no idea who he was until I got inside the facility and one of the nurses told me who he was. When I saw the place crawling with cops and media people, I didn't know what the heck was going on.

The guy was featured in the movie "8 Mile,"and he actually got shot on 8 mile, a major road that travels east and west of Detroit.

I wasn't one bit curious to go look a the body.

kannannan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rest in peace Proof

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: