KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CAPITALIZING ON MOVIE ABOUT 9/11 TRAGEDY!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: CAPITALIZING ON MOVIE ABOUT 9/11 TRAGEDY! Reply with quote Back to top

Why does HOLLYWOOD feel the need to capitalize on the 9/11 tragedy by having YET ANOTHER MOVIE about that issue.

There is apparently a trailer being shown at movie theaters for a movie called "UNITED 93". This is the flight that the passengers took from the hijackers alledgedly, before it crashed in Pensylvania.

Why does Hollywood think that we need to see more movies about the 9/11 tragedy?

Hasn't the families of those that lost their lives on 9/11 been through enough?

KM!

belchokola

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've not heard of this upcoming movie..will it be taking it from a different angle than "Fareheit 9/11?"

Is it a another documentary type film or a re enactment of the doomed flight in Pennsylvania?

I'm not much of a movie person anymore, namely there aren't many quality films that interests me, as most of them that are out are recycled themes.
To answer your question, Pat... while 9/11 was one the most horrific events in American history and of my time, it will continue to be exploited. Not only by Hollywood, but also by politicians (ie George Bush) as the wounds are barely healed, the realities of terrorism are still fresh, and the simple fact that the mere mention of this will gurantee some reaction... (generally sympathy, anger and in extreme cases/hatred fear) and this equates to sales. I am not a business woman but it is my opinion that anything that can stir up STRONG emotions will bring forth some financial success. Rolling Eyes Point finale!!!

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And to add to what Belchokola correctly stated, I think the upcoming election season - for State house/senate, gov. positions are likely the vehicles bringing forth those films. Democrats wants to get back to majority and win voters confidence - and they'll try at all cost including putting vicitims families through the whole ordeal yet once more.

I also think America is becoming more cognizant of the fact that this war sits on fraudulent grounds and that our military is being depleted for all of the wrong reasons. Like Bel stated, it's stirring up emotions among those who are starting to see this war for what it really is: the biggest scam of the millenium! I know many of my KM brothers and sisters won't share the same view, but it's a matter of time until bright lights luminate through this debris and free up the truth.

Ti Boxer

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FUNNY MY MOVIE BUDDY TOLD me about this movie and i was making plan to go see it this coming week end...but too bad it was pulled out after moviegoes complained.....dont understand why the big deal....This movie is ONE OF THE MUST SEE ON MY LIST AT THE TRIBECA FESTIVAL THIS YEAR..........

I'LL COME BACK with a review Cool

KREOLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the preview at the theatres and I told my girl..."Just what we need when we're planning a vacation trip" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
*Famn, I believe the movie comes out at the end of MAY or JUNE*

I won't go see it...But I'll wait for a copie Arrow

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KREOLA BON KI STRIKE A POZ SA YO MANMAN...... Cool ....OU SEMBLE OU GUIN ON TI VENT BIERRE AND OU LA AP KALE LESTOMAK OU.........DONT WORRY I WISH MY VENT WAS SMALL LIKE YOURS.... Idea .

min poz ou sa just a little disturbing manman...cheche on lot poz ok........sil vous plais....tan pri souple.....OU SEMBLE ON MOUN KI A PEINE FINI MANGE....LIKE LESTOMAK OU RENPLI AND STUFFS..... Rolling Eyes ...YES OR NO Laughing ..

BACK TO THE TOPIC APRES DISTURBANCE KREOLA..... Laughing Laughing

IT WILL PREMIERE AT THE TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL IN NYC......ON APRIL 25...SO SE LES SA MA PRAL GADEL........ITS A MUST SEE FOR ME

KREOLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FAMN WROTE:

OU SEMBLE ON MOUN KI A PEINE FINI MANGE....LIKE LESTOMAK OU RENPLI AND STUFFS..... ...YES OR NO ..

"YES" you are right... vent la te renpli vre, mais pa avec mange Arrow

Girl, I am working on that belly though. I need to make some dedication!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of days before I saw this preview when I wen to go see inside man, I was telling my friend that I was surprised that they hadn't had another movie about 911.

THEN THERE IT WAS, IN FRONT OF ME ONT THE SCREEN, COMING TO A THEATER NEAR ME IN THE SUMMER.

Pat, in two or three years, there will be another one.

It was three planes, this movie is only about 1.

Chachou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: CAPITALIZING ON MOVIE ABOUT 9/11 TRAGEDY! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Why does HOLLYWOOD feel the need to capitalize on the 9/11 tragedy by having YET ANOTHER MOVIE about that issue.

There is apparently a trailer being shown at movie theaters for a movie called "UNITED 93". This is the flight that the passengers took from the hijackers alledgedly, before it crashed in Pensylvania.

Why does Hollywood think that we need to see more movies about the 9/11 tragedy?

Hasn't the families of those that lost their lives on 9/11 been through enough?

KM!

There are two sides to this dilemma KompaPat.

One is that the movie could prove therapeutic for the affected families and public at large.

The other from my perspective is that the movie just opens up other wounds and gives those terrorists food for thought and they get to gloat in their destructive behaviors.

I personally don't intend to see the movie simply because a very good friend of mine who when I worked at Lehman was my mentor passed away and to me that movie can never do any justice to the pain his passing has cause to his family, myself included. Ira Zaslow--R.I.P.

"The Brightest Future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches." Anonymous

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check this out guys...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848&pl=true

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: