Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - CHANNEL 10 HAD THE DEJEAN FORMULA BUT FAILED TO CAPITALIZE
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CHANNEL 10 HAD THE DEJEAN FORMULA BUT FAILED TO CAPITALIZE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: CHANNEL 10 HAD THE DEJEAN FORMULA BUT FAILED TO CAPITALIZE Reply with quote Back to top

Channel 10 was the band in the 70's that really had the DĂ©jean's Formula,however they failed to capitalize on it.
Just like in 2003 most people had trouble making the difference between the band Show Off Carnival and the group King Posse, some of the Channel 10 songs especially "SABRINA" got many people thinking that it was another nice tune by Les Frères Déjean. Other songs like La Police -A La Chaleur and the Carnaval Zorange really got some air time in the late 70's and early 80's
Channel 10 song SABRINA was apparently made from the template of MARINA one of Les Frères Déjean's mega hit of the 70's.

Apparently the brothers were aware also that the not so popular Channel 10 had the formula because when they got in trouble during their tour and some of the musicians returned to N.Y to create the group System Band....the brothers went to the channel 10 camp to get their much needed musicians including the lead singer Casimir Alliance who will later became DĂ©jean's star singer in the 1980's.

Now I'm counting on the audio guys to put both songs Marina and Sabrina....and if possible a picture of the band Channel 10.........

Did you know there was a band call Channel 10.........Do you think that it's a weird or cool name for a band..........

Last edited by Staff Poze 2 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Staff
Quote:
Did you know there was a band call Channel 10.........Do you think that it's a weird or cool name for a band........

Now i'm lost big time .. Cause your answer is i didn't know .. So the audio wont be coming here .. but now i'll be looking and searching brother.

Thanks for sharing cause this one i had no Clue.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompa'npiwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MESYE WOOO.....GADE SA STAFFPOZE VINN REVEYE NAN TET MWEN,EPOK SA-A MWEN POT KO METE PANTALON LONG,LEUR CHANNEL 10 VINN AK KANAVAL SA-A (OU VLE ZORANJ AK TOUT PO, M'AP BAW'LI TOU KALE ), (SABRINA DI MANMAN'L KONSA MEN KOULEV L'AP MODE'M )2 MIZIK SA YO TE GWO HIT NAN REPERTOIRE CHANNEL 10 .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kompa'npiwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanvaloo wrote:
Staff
Quote:
Did you know there was a band call Channel 10.........Do you think that it's a weird or cool name for a band........

Now i'm lost big time .. Cause your answer is i didn't know .. So the audio wont be coming here .. but now i'll be looking and searching brother.

YANVA POUR L'HISTOIRE ESAYE JERE NOM BAND SA YO

AFRICA EXPRESS = DIEUDONNE LAROSE
AFRO COMBO
LES GUITARLOIS DE L'ARCHAIE
LES LEGENDAIRES DE DELMAS =GUILLOUX
LES ANIMATEURS =MUSSET DALCE
ETINCELLES D'HAITI =GABRIEL PETIT-HOME
LES BITOPS = TI PLUME
DEUTZ
LES PACHAS DU CANAPE-VERT
LES JOUVENS = MARIO MAYALA/TI- FRERE/TI CRANE
ROSSIGNOLS NOIRS =WAWA/LUCIEN ETIENNE
OCCIDENTAL =LES FRERES SAINT-CYR
SS 0NE
SUPER SOLINE =ASSAD FRACOEUR
SAFARI COMBO =ASSAD FRACOEUR
SUPER NEUF =ASSAD FRACOEUR
SHUPALU COMBO =FRANK MATHURIN
SHUPA-SHUPA
SIWO DES MIRAGOANES = ERICK CHARLES
ZOTOBRES =WEBRET SICOT/ALMANDO KESLIN/BABA

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ab Normal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are a true historian of haitian music staff poze. maybe you should start charging people before sharing all this knowledge with them.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: CHANELL 10 HAD THE DEJEAN FORMULA BUT FELL TO CAPITALIZE Reply with quote Back to top

STaFF PoZĂ© wrote:

Did you know there was a band call Channel 10.........Do you think that it's a weird or cool name for a band..........

Yes and I believe the band was based out of Ruelle St Martin in Port-au-Prince.

PJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StaffPozé,

I remember them very well they used to be in fierce competition with Les Deutz. I used to have a lot of Channel 10 tracks but they all were washed away by Jeanne at my parent’s house in Gonaives.

Sabrina was a favorite of mine and FĂ©lix Lamy pushed this song until it became a hit.

Sabrina di manma’l konsa men koulèv la pe modé’l non non sé pa vré karésé l’ap karésé’l.

I believe Casimir former lead singer of Frères Déjean played with Channel 10 for a short period of time (but I am not too sure) prior joining Déjean..

knowzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
PJ
I believe Casimir former lead singer of Frères Déjean played with Channel 10 for a short period of time (but I am not too sure) prior joining Déjean..

PJ you failed 2 rÆd

Quote:
St䃃pözÉ
Apparently the brothers were aware also that the not so popular Channel 10 had the formula because when they got in trouble during their tour and some of the musicians returned to N.Y to create the group System Band....the brothers went to the channel 10 camp to get their much needed musicians including the lead singer Casimir Alliance who will later became DĂ©jean's star singer in the 1980's.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompa'npiwo wrote:
yanvaloo wrote:
Staff
Quote:

YANVA POUR L'HISTOIRE ESAYE JERE NOM BAND SA YO

AFRICA EXPRESS = DIEUDONNE LAROSE
AFRO COMBO
LES GUITARLOIS DE L'ARCHAIE
LES LEGENDAIRES DE DELMAS =GUILLOUX
LES ANIMATEURS =MUSSET DALCE
ETINCELLES D'HAITI =GABRIEL PETIT-HOME
LES BITOPS = TI PLUME
DEUTZ
LES PACHAS DU CANAPE-VERT
LES JOUVENS = MARIO MAYALA/TI- FRERE/TI CRANE
ROSSIGNOLS NOIRS =WAWA/LUCIEN ETIENNE
OCCIDENTAL =LES FRERES SAINT-CYR
SS 0NE
SUPER SOLINE =ASSAD FRACOEUR
SAFARI COMBO =ASSAD FRACOEUR
SUPER NEUF =ASSAD FRACOEUR
SHUPALU COMBO =FRANK MATHURIN
SHUPA-SHUPA
SIWO DES MIRAGOANES = ERICK CHARLES
ZOTOBRES =WEBRET SICOT/ALMANDO KESLIN/BABA

So far i got more then Half ...Map suiv nou...Jeune gason tankou mwen rinmin Histoire....

so thanks map gere yo.......doing alot of work for that but it's all worth it...

Stafff thankyou cause i'm digging brother and i was really lost here.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mizikamort

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, I would like to hear a couple songs from Channel 10; because I am used to some Freres Dejean songs.

It wasn't my period, I am in my twenties. But my parents listened to Freres Dejean (and later System) so much that I had to love them.

Se kom le ou tande on mizik trop, menm le ou pa renmen li de tanzantan li vini nan bouch epi ou tonbe chante li, se konsa mwen te vini tonbe amoure pou ansyen mizik e jus ka prezan mwen toujou fou pou yo.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: