KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT WAS THE FIRST....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salime

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was Tropicana au Club International, Haiti. I was 9 or 10.

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first bal was when my father took me to a Carribean sextet bal, i was only 13. i taught i was going to be the only kid there, i was wrong. We had a lot of fun trying to understand what the band was really talking about with their lyrics. That was the first time i also saw some granmou-n dezodone doing their thing. :roll:

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first bal was Tropicana ( Club Melomane, Cap Haitien Cheri) Wink J'avais peut-etre 7 ou 8 ans... Laughing

One Luv,

Kara

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though I have always loved kompa, I started on the bal scene very late.

I had to leave my parents house first. SYROMIEL Laughing Laughing LOL

The famous infamous where no tourist ever set a feet....RANDY'S CLUB...MIAMI..........

Band EKLIPS >>>>>> Gone, unfortunatelly. Was My introduction to Haitian music, culture, and the bel fem kreyol.

Song > Kote ou ye. >>>>> koute ou ye la, vini vini pou karese, vini vini pou fa la mou.................just quoting.......I don't know kreyol........ Smile

10 years ago....................

u know what they said.............about never coming back...lol........

Mexkom

KREOLA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MY FIRST BAL WAS IN 1997/1998 Rolling Eyes ... SYSTEM BAND @ MCARTHUR CAFE Exclamation Exclamation
THE HIT WAS: JAN'L PASE PASE'L Wink
I was underaged at that time... so I got to hang out w/the adults that night

Robie Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I DONT KNOW IF PLACE BOYER COUNT WITH SWEET MICKY EVERY SUNDAY BUT

MY FIRST BAL WAS IN NEW YORK CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE BUT IT WAS ZIN BACK IN 96 I WAS 15 AT THE TIME. BON BAGAY NET.

rika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow that was such a long time ago it ws Carribean sextet in Kenscoff and I was not even 5!!! after that Missile and I was maybe 5 or 6 after that it ws T-Vice in Haiti (dont remember where) I was14 or 15

SERE KOSE'W..PA PALÉ!!!!

SweetnessCarlyVice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first bal was Tabou Combo when they came to Switzerland for the first time back in June 1991

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: