HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

MICKAEL BEL on the "FANM NAN JAZ SE PWAZON" MYTH!

MICKAEL BEL on the "FANM NAN JAZ SE PWAZON" MYTH!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:55 pm

KOMPA MAGAZINE: Many musicians say that WOMEN IN BANDS...Se PWAZON, and others have even said that women CAN'T work together in a band because they are DRAMA QUEENS. We thought for sure that your group"BEL" was going to end all of that talk. It was not done. Did you prove the naysayers RIGHT?

MICKAEL: "Pwazon is a very harsh way to say it.

BEL was my baby. I put all I had into it, and I'm so thankful it was well received. With that, I think we proved women can work together; even for if it's for a short time. lol

We are emotional creatures. We are built differently than men. We feel more. Our passion comes from a different place. Life comes through us, so our emotional depth runs even deeper. We are intuitive beings; a different kind of hardwiring than men. So, we're more expressive when we feel, and we react to things more intensely, and that comes off as drama.

Also, Pat, there are layers as to why it's harder for women. Groups are built by the industry with audience favorites in mind, so when you have people saying to each person in the group that they are better. In general that how that works; perpetually pitting group members against each other.

Women are used to being compared, so you have to be mentally, physically, and spiritually unfazed to come as one and avoid the divide and conquer strategy.

The HMI hasn't seen a lot of women so it makes it that much more competitive creating breeding room for emotions we touched on earlier of the unsavory sort; jealously, envy, etc. And you can imagine the intensity of these emotions coming from the birthers and nurturers of the world. But I will never give up on females coming together for a greater good.

So with BEL, the answer is yes and No."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: MIKAEL BEL on the "FANM NAN JAZ SE PWAZON" MYTH!

Postby Mr Merveille18 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:09 pm

I think she is wrong.Tanperaman medam yo fe yo paka fe on group ansanm. Toujou gon jalouzi gon ipokrizi gon konkurans ensanse ant fanm ki fe bagay yo tjou ap gate. Medam yo k fe bon solo artist men on gwoup fet Selman de fanm pa durab a koz de tanperaman yo.

We had Riske ki pat dure.Menm le yo nan jazz ak Gason tjou gen on problem kelkonk ki fe bagay la vinn sour.I might be wrong but sel fi m kwe ki pa janm gen problem nan se Nicolina Zenglen. That's my view on it Pat

P.S.: ou fem post lmao
Mr Merveille18

Re: MICKAEL BEL on the "FANM NAN JAZ SE PWAZON" MYTH!

Postby konpaconvert » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 am

To me she is both right and wrong..

Right in the sense of the makeup of this industry (male dominated) is not equal and balanced enough for a female band to succeed on their musical ability alone. There are alot of sociological barriers to overcome but they all know that going in so...

Where I think she is wrong is she overplayed the whole emotional creatures (different from men) card. while its true in essence, I think its clearly evident you will find the drama, jealousy and envy in the men as well. In order for any group to work not only do you need a professional management team with structure and discipline in place (which I believe BEL had); you also need a management that can manage egos of their artist and get them to buy into a vision thats bigger than their self interest.
konpaconvert

ICKAEL RESPONSE TO MR MERVEILLE!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am

MICKAEL sent this response for MR MERVEILLE!

MICKAEL: "Se pa tout fanm ki gen problem paka travay ak lot fanm. Jalouzi avek ipokrizi se pa problem fanm selman; se yon problem humain. Gen ipokrizi ak jalouzi nan gason yo tou. Gin anpil Fi kap travay ansanm chak jou pou prodwi bel bagay behind the scenes. Bay yo yon ti pasyans silvouple."
kompamagazine
Site Admin

Ickael's response to KONPACONVERT!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:54 am

MICKAEL's response to KONPACONVERT!

MICKAEL: "I do agree with the last comment. Yes there is all the jealous envy within the men; but they seem to have less patience with the females.'
kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC