HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Yole Derose, the Smooth Operator

Yole Derose, the Smooth Operator

Postby shah » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 am

Written by Jason Accime aka Skah.

Yole Derose, the Smooth Operator!!!

Before Adele was well known, Haiti had her own songstress, Yole Derose born Yole Ledan in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Our little music industry is a male-dominated business in all facets. Although, the platform that is available for our female artists to express their artistic freedom is scarcely limited. Nonetheless, an undeniable talent can never be ignored for too long regardless of the obstacle.

Yole Derose, discovered by her late husband Ansy Derose is a testimony to that fact. She is one of those Haitian artists whose voice is an oasis to someone solitude. The fusion of her voice and Ansy Derose is like serenity for any anguish that someone may have. Her talent is prolific and so far that has yet to be replicated by anyone. I have heard other female artists in this business but nothing as a soothing and as an eloquent voice that can charm and seduce a natural born killer and make him or her beg for more. She is relentless and smooth with that Mother Nature’s smile.

Her famous late husband Ansy Derose who I grew up listening on the radio in Haiti, gave her the platform to make a young man like me back in my youth daydreaming and wondering. None of that would have been possible if she didn't have the talent to showcase to all of us.

Rex Theatre was the place to see both performing. However, before she joined her husband, Ansy Derose was the king of Rex Theatre. Yole traveled the world with her husband. Unfortunately, when the duo performed at Carnegie Hall in Manhattan, I just came to the State and I wasn't financially capable of attending that event.

Kompa Direk makes us dance and jump but folk songs and songs to just listen where one can visualize the writing on the wall of a country are somewhat neglected. Her poetic songs are such an inspiration which can leave one contrite for not helping a people in dire need.

Yole like any other timid artists namely Michael Jackson can electrify an audience on stage. However, up close and personal she is quiet, jovial and humble.

Mrs. Derose was destined to be the beauty, the voice and the queen of our tormented Caribbean Island. She will be forever my number one female artist of all time. Mrs. Derose, I graciously thanking you for being a part of my life with your revealing songs.

For more info on Yole Derose, please visit her website
at http://www.lesproductionsyd.com

Attachments
yole-derose.jpg
yole-derose.jpg (96.93 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Last edited by shah on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
shah

Re: Yole Derose, the Smooth Operator

Postby gentleman1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks for a great piece. Learn a lot.

Blood is thicker than water
gentleman1

Postby jay1804 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:02 am

Yon lot bon bagay anko wi Shah brodeur. I grew up in that era. Respect brother. Great work
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby shah » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks.
shah

MUSIC