HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

FLAV GABEL "REVELATIONS" ON BEST/WORST MOMENTS + MORE!

FLAV GABEL "REVELATIONS" ON BEST/WORST MOMENTS + MORE!

Postby kompamagazine » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:52 am

GABEL just turned 9 years old. We asked FLAV a couple of questions.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 1) Your 3 BEST MOST MEMORABLE moments since you’ve been with GABEL?
FLAV: " #3 when we went to Chili and performed in front of thousands of people and being the first and ONLY band till today to have done so was remarkable. People were crying, singing to all of our hits non-stop.

#2 has to be two years ago when we sold out Nu moving nan Kafou (Haiti) pou Kont Nou. Over 4000 people came to see us that night and still the only band to hold that record based on the owner's own words; so I'm
very proud of that.

#1 hands down has to be when I went to perform for the first time in my home town Port-De-Paix. Seeing kids running behind our tour bus and people line up on both sides of the streets just to see and tell me how proud of me they are was speechless. ALSO the highlight for me was when my Dad put his old band (Dragoner De Port-de-Paix) just to perform on stage with me. First time I cried on stage lol, he even jammed with Gabel on the drums. Story is too long to explain BUT BEST MOMENT EVER."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 2) The WORST moment encountered in your GABEL career?
FLAV: "Paris last year...we were part of a festival among other Haitian bands but for some odd reason when it was our turn to set up, the sound card decided today was not the day. Pachou did all he could to get it to work but it was not going to and after 25 minutes on stage we were told to make room for another band.

The place was packed with Haitians and many other nationalities and we had our costumes and dancers and a show ready but mannnn that night was the worst."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 3) YOUR BEST FRIEND in the group and why?
FLAV: "Gabel functions like a family...all of us are beyond tight."

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC