HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

SOLO COMPAS ARTISTS are in danger in the HMI unless you are ALAN CAVE says....

SOLO COMPAS ARTISTS are in danger in the HMI unless you are ALAN CAVE says....

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:47 am

KM spoke to solo artist ANDY "Poet" (whom we've featured before on the site); and he had this rather interesting comment he made to us about the industry. READ BELOW.

ANDY POET: "Bagay yo pa fasil. When you are not s band or a well known artist it is tougher....As you know, solo artists route is a financial suicide when you are not AC (Alan Cave). Artists in the HMI get to make money by playing live. Cd sales have gone down tremendously because of many reasons. People refuse to buy original cds. Technology makes it easier for the bootleg phenomenon to occur. Solo artists encounter more challenges due to the fact they don't have a band to perform with. The only Kompa artist, in my opinion, for which the solo route is working, is Alan Cave. AC is a legend with a catalog of hits."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Are you basically telling SOLO artists in the HMI to give it up and join or create a band instead?
ANDY POET: "Not at all. There are many solo artists who are doing well. For instance, Belo, BIC, Jean jean roosevelt, Ruthtchelle ect...But for solo artists playing kompa, the reality is different for kompa is a dance genre. The fans like dancing to a live band when they go out."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: SOLO ATIS kompa PA BAY? Get a band is what you are saying?
ANDY POET: "It depends on what the solo artist wants to achieve. In my case, the goal has never been to be part of a band. I am a lyricist, songwriter, keyboard player, poet and singer. Therefore, music was the only platform where I could incorporate everything. I achieved my goal despite the fact I did not promote the album as I should. But "PASSION" remains a nice album to discover. I will ignite people's curiosity after I release my video."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC