HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

MICKAEL's fashion LESSON to the HMI..THE DO's & DON'TS!

MICKAEL's fashion LESSON to the HMI..THE DO's & DON'TS!

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 pm

MICKAEL (Former BEL) is well known for her fashion sense in the HMI. Today she tackles the HMI on their stance on the matter.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In terms of STYLE since you're very good in that department, give us the TOP 3 artists in the HMI!
MICKAEL: "Well in terms of style KM, I think a lot of people think "style" "swag" equals "sunglasses". They still in the R Kelly era.
So before I share my list I will tell you what it entails...
Style is confidence, being comfortable in your skin, knowing what works for your body type. It's not about being on trend cause anyone can walk in a store and buy what's "in". How your clothes fit and if it fully expresses your brand and being able to tone it up and down depending on the occasion.
Style has to coincide with your music, message, outlook etc. Garments are last.
So to me the HMI has a long way to go when it comes to style in my personal opinion. I don't know everyone in the HMI but here is my list

1) Ti Joe Zenny
2) Mimi
3) Wanito

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Please explain the HMI's HATE AFFAIR with style/fashion in terms of the performers....in your opinion? Are we where we need to be at, or are we way behind in that department?
MICKAEL: "It just appears the Hmi is just following the AMI which the whole world follows; so it's not a bad thing I guess.. But culturally we are more of a suit and tie type of people. To see some of the Kompa guys real urban, it looks a bit different cause it doesn't look like their real "style", but it works with connecting with the youth I guess, but I don't really see any chance takers fashion wise in the hmi, but I see what's on trend with the world.

A lot of people may not know fashion is not about what cost more cause you can buy a $5 shirt and flip it and kraze sa. HMI fashion is a suit with sunglasses. Artists have to look at themselves as a package and we all can't fit in the same box, so we all CAN'T look alike. Being on trend works for some brands cause it goes with the music, but some others have to have a more unique look; It's all one expression, one thought, look, and sound has to marry well.

Example Lady Gaga, her look and sound was a perfect marriage In that era, but because she was so big, a lot of artists copied her off the wall style example Nicki Minaj copied that off the wall style and now that that era is over, you get the real Nicki m...The look she has now is her classic real look, but to me it looks like she was trying way to hard to stay on top in the Gaga era. In that era they all were pushing the envelope. They all have since calmed down.

Like for me my natural style has always been natural hair, head wraps, my natural big eyebrows. Afrocentric with an urban mix, a peace/peace chick lol that's been me always, but it just so happens that now natural is in. Head wraps are in, big eyebrows on fleet is in, so its not that I'm on trend. The world just caught up to my style lol. I remember a couple of years ago every makeup artist doing my face would die cause I didn't let them tone down my eyebrows and make them thinner; now when I work in with the same brows they're like great brows lol.

To conclude...Do what works for you! You'll stand out more.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: MICKAEL's fashion LESSON to the HMI..THE DO's & DON'TS!

Postby Romdes » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:51 am

Ok, first I gave her credit. Men Pat fok ou ta montre Li a few of HMI artist heavy Kompa yo tou, there is no way pou El profesor Richi pa #1, Pipo, Marvens, Gazman, King Kino..... Etc
Romdes

Re: MICKAEL's fashion LESSON to the HMI..THE DO's & DON'TS!

Postby SIROMYEL » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Completely agree with the do what works for your body type advice.

So many people just want to wear what's in. Not everything that's in will look good on everyone.

It always bugs me to see big chested women wearing a blouse that is obviously met for someone with a smaller chest. I mean seriously.

Just because it's made in your size doesn't mean it was met for your body type.

Or small chested women with sagging blouses because they don't have the size to fill it up.

Or men with huge muscular legs trying to wear skinny jeans!!! get with the program!!! Skinny jeans look better on people with a leaner shape.

I always wear boot cut or wide leg jeans whether they're in or not because my thighs and legs are just too big for skinny jeans.

The designers don't make it easy sometimes because once something is in, that's all you can find in the stores. There's no variety.

Forget the fact that not everyone can wear the same thing

And I'm definitely with you on the big eyebrows thing. People always use to get on me to thin down my eyebrows back then.

And now people are wearing their eyebrows so big they look like lips on their foreheads!!!

Too much of anything is not good I think.
SIROMYEL

MUSIC