HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

PRINCE BOBBY reflects on ENPEKAB & former band JBEATZ! Read

PRINCE BOBBY reflects on ENPEKAB & former band JBEATZ! Read

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 pm

KM spoke to ENPEKAB vocalist (former JBeatz) PRINCE BOBBY on his new group, as well as other stuff. Check it out below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 1) Prince Bobby...what made you decide to make the move to ENPEKAB?
PRINCE BOBBY: "I think it was time."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 2) You could have chosen to go to any other band, including another established band instead of choosing to start with an upcoming group like Enpekab. Why were they your pick?
PRINCE BOBBY: "After 6 years experience and 3 years on stage, I learned a lot from different people and artists in the hmi. I just feel like I have a lot to prove to myself, my family, and everyone around me, and this is the only way I can do it. I have to put myself out there and do what I have do. Tout band ki etabli deja te gen yon komansman. I like the Enpekab nation vibe. I see it was a team I could work with. Mizisyen yo gen anpil talan so I chose to make the move."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 3) What differences can you tell us between your current band and your former band on and off the stage?
PRINCE BOBBY: "I feel like I'm more welcome. MWEN LAKAY MWEN."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 4) You were the lead vocalist of your former band Dabeatz. You have the spotlight on you FRONT ROW. Why would you feel that you were not LAKAY ou?
PRINCE BOBBY: "I was a backup singer for JBEATZ...not Dabeatz. Enpekab is a"BAND". Jbeatz is a one man show. Epi pat te gen ti pale pou jbeatz n Dabeatz. Pat si nou pral de sa la, lap pran nou tan loll. I'M DOING FINE where I'm at. KOMPA Direk devan."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 5) How did you end up joining ENPEKAB? How was the approach made?
PRINCE BOBBY: "Manager Enpekab la se zanmim. Lem te kite jazz blòdè; mwen pat gen intansyon fe jazz. I feel like it was waiting paske gen anpil bagay ki te pase nan jazz sa I didn't like. Tout neg yo te komanse kite. It was not a brotherhood no more; epi Enpekab relem dim mwen paka just give up like this; so I liked the vibe like I said, and changed my name to Mr-enpekab."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 6) where do you feel that you can take this band? Jaz la ap mize Sou OU anpil.
PRINCE BOBBY: "Se sak fè we call the album "Da-future". Nou pa janm ka garanti anyen nou menm; men nou rete kwè. We believe in each other's talent, we're just here to deliver."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 7) Do yo u feel pressure to deliver because you're kind of like a free agent that they just acquired to win the championship, or to make the playoffs?
PRINCE BOBBY: "I'm not a free agent, and I don't have any pressure on my back either; but like I said the job can't be done with just me and the mic. We believe in each other's talent and we're ready to deliver to Enpekab fans and be "us"."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 8) What makes ENPEKAB different then the upcoming bands that are on the market right now if I were to ask you? Kisa KI FE Nou DIFERAN?
PRINCE BOBBY: "I'm not gonna sit here and make anything up, but as an ENPEKAB member, I do know we're not in any competition with any band. I believe all bands are placed to deliver music, and I surely can tell you we'll definitely deliver good music."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 9) Do you feel that you have something to prove to your former employer (JBEATZ), basically saying this is what I could've done for your band that you did not let me; or NOU OUE TOUT Sa PRINCE NAN KA FE DEJA nan ancien jaz LI a? Pap gin ANYIN de nouvo?
PRINCE BOBBY: "Just like I said; there's no competition whatsoever. I moved on and am ready to do what Prince Bobby does best; which is to put out good music. Nothing personal and nothing to prove to my former band. Everyone knows what I'm capable of, and I won't let Prince Bobby fans down. We have 4 songs out and 3 videos.....nap travay tankou tout moun."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: n your opinion, is there any difference for an upcoming band based in Miami compared to an upcoming band based in New York? In terms of what's easier or what's harder?
PRINCE BOBBY: "I don't think it's about what's easier or harder. Depiw gen bel mizik anything is possible."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: PRINCE BOBBY reflects on ENPEKAB & former band JBEATZ! Read

Postby KingDave » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Bel réponse. Now I wish nothing but success with that kind of mindset.
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Re: PRINCE BOBBY reflects on ENPEKAB & former band JBEATZ! Read

Postby Big VALBOSKI » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:47 am

Bobby,
You are a singer with a unique style. You do have stage presence. My free advice to you is to make your every live performance as your last. Have better control of your audience. Don't turn your back to the fans while playing. You are on stage to entertain them, not your fellow musicians. A live performance is not a rehearsal. The bottom line is to always make love to your fans. One last thing, focus on your notes when you are singing live. Be consistent. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.......
Big VALBOSKI

MUSIC