HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

DOLA MAESTRO'S URGENT CALL TO MUSICIANS TO HELP SAVE THE HMI

DOLA MAESTRO'S URGENT CALL TO MUSICIANS TO HELP SAVE THE HMI

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:27 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you believe the MUSIC/TALENT is there from the current crop of UPCOMING MUSICIANS to take over and SURPASS THE MUSIC IN TERMS OF QUALITY that is being put out by the likes of NU LOOK KLASS TVICE CARIMI DJAKOUT...in other words...The popular bands of today...or do you believe IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH for them to do that?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Absolutely, in fact we have more prepared musicians from the younger generation to even take the music further. They're just not given the chance to expose their crafts and not enough role models to look up to, but believe me, at the rate I've seen a couple kids producing and playing their instruments bro, we're really not doing our music any good by keeping this generation of young talents hidden. They are extremely talented but they need guidance from experienced musicians, a luxury they can't afford unfortunately. I've got a couple of young musicians/producers coming to my studio for help and advice, man you should see and hear what 17 year old haitian and haitian-american kids are producing, I'm talking about konpa and everything else.

Every succesful artists/band always has a couple of young talents signed under their label. A perfect example "USHER"... Usher is making tons of money off Justin Bieber's success, because Usher was the one who discovered him and gave him a platform to expose his talent... And this is happening everywhere, most of Kassav musicians have young zouk talents signed under them... That's how you keep your music alive, and the industry growing."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you think the bands that have led the popularity wave in the HMI for the last few years whether it be T-Vice, Nu Look, Carimi, Djakout and others...DROPPED THE BALL and were SELFISH by NOT trying to bring some young bands under their wings?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Not just the bands but everyone of us who plays an important and influential role in the Industry, the media, the promoters, the dj's as well. But I believe it is more of our responsibility as musicians to fix this situation and help the music and Industry grow. Li paka rete jan li ye la, and actions have to be taken. On that note I would call upon my generation of musicians to work on leaving a great legacy where we work to preserve the future of our music."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: DOLA MAESTRO'S URGENT CALL TO MUSICIANS TO HELP SAVE THE HMI

Postby jay_nice360 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02 am

Strongly agree maes

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
jay_nice360

MUSIC