HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

HMI under fire from icon FABRICE ROUZIER on LA RELEVE!

HMI under fire from icon FABRICE ROUZIER on LA RELEVE!

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:10 pm

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: "LA RELEVE"...With bands like T-VICE, CARIMI, NU LOOK and others getting up there in terms of AGE, is the HMI ready for LA RELEVE from other bands? Is the media not giving a fair chance to the newer bands; or are they just not good enough to make their mark yet on the market to properly challenge the established bands that are currently on the market?
FABRICE ROUZIER: "Both. Most of the media is holding the new generation of Konpa hostage by asking a hefty ransom to play any of their tracks. The former government's takeover of kanaval has also been a deterrent to any progress and any involvement of the youth. If you don't give a stage to the youth, there cannot be a renewal of the music scene. As you said, most of the active bands are between 10 and 20 years old. There is no spot for newcomers... Kids between 15 and 25 could care less about starting a konpa or racine band because they know they don't stand a chance to have their creations heard.

That is the reason why you have a plethora of solo artists that are looking for other ways to express themselves. That is also why the young public no longer cares about konpa or racine. They will go towards DJs because : 1. It's cheaper 2. It reminds them of what they hear on the global media. When you were between 15 and 25, you identified more with people in your age range that were playing music, not with the old geezers that have been around since the stone age."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Are promoters IMMUNE to the blame in terms of LA RELEVE with the NEW BANDS? Promoters have a BUSINESS and it is to BRING MONEY IN to their parties....U blame them or no?
: FABRICE ROUZIER: "Yeah. Their only goal is to make money. They will buy what they can make some cash with. The risk takers, the ones that will give a "nobody" a chance are the ones that will make REAL money and get the RESPECT. Because that's what matters when you're done filling your bank account. If you don't get recognition, none of it matters. Who am I to blame them. It's a question of life choice. How do you want to be remembered?"

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: HMI under fire from icon FABRICE ROUZIER on LA RELEVE!

Postby jay_nice360 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:15 pm

They are playing blind. But sooner or later the truth shall see the light Maestro Fabrice. :(
jay_nice360

Postby SIROMYEL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Nothing else to add.

I honestly never got the concept of having to pay the media to play your songs.

Is that how it's done in the US. I'm not in the know, so I don't know.

But it would seems to me that if that is how it's done, than the bands/artists with money would get air play as opposed to the ones that are producing great music.

Someone educate me please.
SIROMYEL

Postby jay_nice360 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Nothing else to add.

I honestly never got the concept of having to pay the media to play your songs.

Is that how it's done in the US. I'm not in the know, so I don't know.

But it would seems to me that if that is how it's done, than the bands/artists with money would get air play as opposed to the ones that are producing great music.

Someone educate me please.

From what i know :
-Generally and historically, the stations do/did not get paid, they paid.
-Since the music is the draw that brings in listeners (the product) for which advertisers (the customers) pay money, the stations actually paid the producers of the music for the privelege of using that lure to bring in listeners. The payment was arranged with the various trade associations of record companies and monitored by the keeping of logs.
-There has been a bit of a dust-up in the last few years in which radio stations began seeking "compensation" from various artists to play their music (basically saying "I want to reduce my costs. If you want the air time (that you need to get your song "advertised") you must pay me for the privelege." I do not know the mechanics of that process, although it probably is also based on a fee-per-play with a log determining the payment schedule.

That's the way it is in the US. It sure is a bit different in Haiti.
jay_nice360

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:43 am

From our FACEBOOK Timeline!

KM!
kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC