HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Gazman Pierre aka Couleu

Gazman Pierre aka Couleu

Postby shah » Tue May 24, 2016 11:51 am

Our musical culture has produced a parade of raw and defined talents for its 60 years of existence. Today, I choose to display Gazman Pierre aka Couleu, the man, and his musical talent. The tall slender and lean looking Gazman Pierre is no stranger to that culture. Kompa Direk is one existing medium that we come to hear and know of certain individuals in the industry otherwise, they would have been just another passerby walking down the street.

Gazman was born in Gonaives, Haiti. He immigrated to the US and lived in Brooklyn, NY before he moved to Miami Florida to embark on a long journey as an artist. He began his musical career as a solo act with “Yeabah”. Then he was introduced to Zenglen Plus in the early-90s for a short stay where he met Arly Lariviere. Then he found his way to Dezine when he became Gazman Couleu as the golden hair coloring star. He formed an alliance with the prominent musical creator Arly Lariviere and together co- founded Nulook in the mid-90s.

The rupture that occurred between Arly and Gazman in Nulook will forever be a subject of conversation of what if. I believe, had he stayed with Nulook, Klass would definitely find it a little bit harder to lead the industry as they do now. Some may say that Nulook is doing just fine without him but my doubt is at its peak. However, the egos of both men made it impossible to coexist in one kingdom. Consequently, the emergence of Disip was inevitable. Gazman is now the sole and proud owner of Disip.

Gazman doesn’t need anyone to be his publicist, although it is a necessary measure to promote his band. However, he knows how to capture the imagination of his audience and his targeted market. Gazman Pierre made a name for himself as a leading man with a thunder voice that can break an empty glass and decades from now people with interests will talk about him as one of the great vocalists of all time in the industry namely iconic singers like Cubano, Zouzoule, King Kino, Douby, Pipo, and lately Dener Ceide just to mention a few.

I came to appreciate the charismatic Gazman, in one of my all-time favorite’s interpretation song "Cobaye" of Jean Philipe Marthely by Dezine back in the late 1990s. Back then, the 1990s Dezine put everyone on notice that Gazman is here to stay and shake the industry because of his undeniable talent. I also depicted his vocal range in another song written by another well-known and impeccable maestro: Jean Richard Herard: "Kouto".

Arguably, Disip is struggling to gain wide recognition as a band in the industry; this is not by design but by default of other characters in the industry. "You know who you are". Hopefully with this new album "Klere yo" that is just released on the market maybe the course of Disip will find a new trajectory with songs like: "Etap, San Manti, Heartbreak and Misery". His volcanic vocal range on this album is immaculate and undeniably remarkable. This man is a true trooper.

Aside from the music industry, my admiration for this man is how he becomes self-sufficient by investing in other business ventures to be financially sustainable after his playing days in the HMI.

Gazman no matter where life takes you, don't ever forget that some of us do appreciate your hard work and your commitment as an artist to this music we call Kompa Direk. So, I am taking, this time, to thank you and wishing you and Disip good luck with the new album. “Long live Kompa Direk”.

Written by shah.

Attachments
gaz.jpg
gaz.jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
shah

MUSIC