HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Dener Ceide the Music Machine!!!

Postby shah » Thu May 12, 2016 12:06 pm

The metaphor to introduce Dener Ceide the guitar player, the composer and the singer is like a grown tree with roots, branches, and leaves. A tree doesn’t grow without roots. And the roots of that tree were the originators of this music that is called kompa Direk.

I got to know Dener Ceide at a King Kino birthday party with Tabou Combo a few weeks ago at Brasserie Creole in Queens, New York. I was watching Kino and Dener in a vocal duel which I stopped for a minute and inquired about this guy with the dreadlocks. At that point, I had to find out who or what that makes this young innovator in the abyss of this HMI tick.

I got to really know Dener by listening to his Tabou Combo production, then to Nickerson Prudhomme then Harmonik, Dissip, Shabba, Zenglen, Klass etcetera.

Dener was born with a peculiar fashion to make his lyrics speak and his guitar sings. Dener who came out of a womb of a woman with her own singing talent, it's no surprise that he inherited her voice as well as the musical talent. The introverted Dener is as polite and nonchalant as his smile. He is a gentle and a well-mannered human being who doesn't look for the limelight but with a fructuous voice like that and the dexterity on the guitar, it's inevitable that the limelight instead looks for him. To best acknowledge this quiet and timid talent, one has to listen to just a couple of songs of his unprecedented repertoire like: "Sincerely Yours" of Zenglen and his latest masterpiece that I love a lot: "Lajan Sere of Klass".

The emancipation of Dener to propagate his career is not a sudden impact. This has been history in the making for years now. Dener loves music with a passion which greatly illustrates as the common denominator to continuously find his niche to produce one hit song after another. In addition, Dener also collaborates with international stars in the American music industry.

The critics, as well as myself, are waiting to judge Dener on a larger scale on his own merit when he actually produces his own work on a complete album. In order to build a legacy in the industry and fairly judge that has to happen. For now, I am content to devour his timely compositions and looking forward to hearing more and more in the near future.

Dener I salute you for bringing your breeze of fresh great music to our listening pleasure and for that I also applaud you. I respectfully thank you and Bravo for being an heritage of our musical culture.

Written by Jason Accime alias Shah.

Attachments
Dener.jpg
Dener.jpg (127 KiB) Viewed 3055 times
shah

Re: Dener Ceide the Music Machine!!!

Postby passionkompa » Thu May 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Very nice Shah. Indeed, Dener is a very good talent
passionkompa

Postby konpaconvert » Thu May 12, 2016 4:42 pm

Interesting read, but I must disagree with you on one aspect
The critics, as well as myself, are waiting to judge Dener on a larger scale on his own merit when he actually produces his own work on a complete album. In order to build a legacy in the industry and fairly judge that has to happen.
I think our industry could benefit more from guys like Dener Ceide willingness and purpose to produced Hit songs for others rather than keep them for himself...Although he has vocal ability I admire producers who will compose a song for an artist in mind where they can bring out the best in. Quincy Jones, Baby Face and many others gave their works to others that made their careers and have songs that will last a lifetime in peoples memories. Even though both of those guys released their own works, their legacies were cemented bc of the superstars they produced mega hits for...Ceide is on his way to that same legacy if he chooses and i wish more followed suit.
konpaconvert

Postby shah » Thu May 12, 2016 8:12 pm

Interesting read, but I must disagree with you on one aspect
The critics, as well as myself, are waiting to judge Dener on a larger scale on his own merit when he actually produces his own work on a complete album. In order to build a legacy in the industry and fairly judge that has to happen.
I think our industry could benefit more from guys like Dener Ceide willingness and purpose to produced Hit songs for others rather than keep them for himself...Although he has vocal ability I admire producers who will compose a song for an artist in mind where they can bring out the best in. Quincy Jones, Baby Face and many others gave their works to others that made their careers and have songs that will last a lifetime in peoples memories. Even though both of those guys released their own works, their legacies were cemented bc of the superstars they produced mega hits for...Ceide is on his way to that same legacy if he chooses and i wish more followed suit.
It's ok to disagree but you also agreed to the point that like those two mentioned above produced their own work and that can be used as a measuring stick to evaluate their legacy. That's my point. I have no issue with him continuing what he is doing. I just like to listen to a full album by Dener and it will happen for sure. Btw, before posting it, I gave him the opportunity to read it and he is totally in agreement with me. I applaud you too for reading this piece as well. Peace.
shah

MUSIC