HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

HOW 5 LAN PROVED THE INDUSTRY "WRONG" SAYS....

HOW 5 LAN PROVED THE INDUSTRY "WRONG" SAYS....

Postby kompamagazine » Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm

5 ETWAL NYC rep. VLAD ENTOURAGE explains how 5 LAN proved the industry WRONG....

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: People in the business usually say that a band CAN'T really blow up in the market UNTIL YOU GET THE BLESSING of the HAITI market...the market in the motherland. If that's the case, how do you explain 5 LAN's situation? There is no doubt THEY HAVE BLOWN UP on the market...and I think it's fair to say they are NOT as well known/popular in Haiti. What do you make of that because...5 LAN DID NOT GET HAITI'S BLESSING....and it is working

VLAD: "This used to be the case. 5Lan's format wouldn't be blown up in Haiti in my opinion, where the people listen more to Heavy Kompa. People in Haiti go to bals, not Dj party. Dj 5Etwal used his fans who already liked his skills as a Dj and introduced them to something new.

A lot of people in Haiti are asking for 5Lan now because of the popularity of the group. We had a track with Tonymix that's is playing everywhere over there. We also have the "ILL Yayad" track with Carimi that the people like and Dj 5Etwal is working on other things before he heads to Haiti.

Things have changed Pat, bands used to spend a lot of money on radio stations for promotions. Now we have social media where you can reach out to most people. We have 2 great teams (BMG & ENTOURAGE) constantly working for the group and our style of promotion get to people in Haiti, France, Canada and everywhere in the US."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: HOW 5 LAN PROVED THE INDUSTRY "WRONG" SAYS....

Postby belMelody » Wed May 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Depi wal nan 5Lan ou paka pa blogue, ca vle di 5Lan ap bien pase kelke swa le yo desann

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk
belMelody

Postby konpaconvert » Wed May 11, 2016 3:09 pm

Call me unpatriotic or entrange but this whole thing about Fok Aytiti Aprouve'w avanw passe is BULL. I think its been held to be true bc all of the HMi bands follow the same trends as the others....but Haiti to me is just another market....it has already been proven that you can make it in Haiti but not in the States....and you can make it in the States before Haiti comes on board.

If we are truly being honest...Haitians in Haiti appreciate and demand non-Konpa genres more over their own music....so that is all you need to know.
konpaconvert

Postby yanvaloo » Wed May 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Well to me it's because 5lan is not a band .. it's more of a dj thing and in Haiti there is
alot of those DJ's .. his is just different .
yanvaloo

Postby KingDave » Sat May 14, 2016 7:11 am

I agree with the statement. 5lan songs are catchy to the market here and also the promotion is crazy...
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby belfanm » Sat May 14, 2016 2:15 pm

fok ayiti obeyi wi
i think they are going the right way
they are not my cup of tea but they do have a good following
good luck to you in haiti
belfanm

MUSIC