HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

AJ ON KLASS ZENGLEN KREYOL LA T-VICE GAZZMAN + MORE!

AJ ON KLASS ZENGLEN KREYOL LA T-VICE GAZZMAN + MORE!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Miami Radio heavyweight/promoter AJ says the game has changed in the HMI. It's no longer about a band dropping a CD. Check out some of the points he made to us today.

*AJ ON KLASS: "The business has changed. You can't just drop a CD now and think you are good to go. NOPE. You have to do some work after that. That's why I give a band like KLASS mad props because they have a van in Miami, New York, Boston that is marketing their new CD. They know the game has changed."

*ON ZENGLEN/KLASS: "ZENGLEN had 3/4 months to do damage on the market with their latest CD. They were all alone on the market with a new product...they did nothing. KLASS in 3 weeks did more for their CD in terms of selling it, than Zenglen did in 3 months. That's real talk. The Zenglen CD is like a new CD on the market if you ask me because they have not done the work."

*NUMBER 1 BAND ON THE MARKET: "I can't say there's a band that's number 1 on the market...UNTIL ALL THE CDS on the market from Nu Look, Carimi, T-Vice, Disip, and all the others have been released. KLASS has the market all to themselves right now in terms of NEW CD...but we have to wait for all the others to come out before we can properly analyze what the truth is."

*AJ on KREYOL LA: "The new CD that they have is tighter than the one they had before that; but in terms of marketing...it is lacking big time. Kernel La did not do their homework in terms of the leg work to help promote the CD in all aspects of promoting."

*AJ ON GAZZMAN DISIP: "DISIP might have fallen off, but GAZZMAN remains Gazzman...a superstar in the business. No one has replaced Gazzman in that department/spot that he holds. All DISIP needs is 1 HIT SONG to get the ship right again. That's all that they need...1 hit."

*AJ on T-VICE: "The thing that I admire about T-VICE is that no matter how many times they get down, or something happens to stop a momentum, they get right back up. That to me shows character. You know me and T-Vice have not always seen eye to eye, but if I can say something like that about them, you know it's me keeping it real. You can never keep them down for too long because they always find a way to remain relevant. They always get back up."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: AJ ON KLASS ZENGLEN KREYOL LA T-VICE GAZZMAN + MORE!

Postby shah » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:59 pm

On point. Not much to add.
shah

Postby Ernst » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm with him until he says Kreol La new CD is tighter than the last one.
Ernst

Postby jay1804 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:38 am

Hmmm. Bon Misyè di the game has changed yet li di ke "all Disip needs is 1 hit???" :shock: I respectfully disagree. Disip badly needs 11-12 hits on their next album to become "relevant" again. Pou yo soti nan Koma yo ye an

Disagree with Kreyol la this CD was better then their last. Kreyol la previous CD was one of their best work in my opinion.
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby KingDave » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:08 pm

To summarize, T vice pa te janm tonbe, yo konn bite men yo gentan pran men yo. Klass li menm ap byen marketer. Kreyol la and mainly zenglen lack big time promotion.
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC