HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Raymond Cajuste, Haitian Icon of the Big Band Bossa Combo!

Postby shah » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:28 am

Our popular music Kompa Direk consists of contributions of so many musicians when I was growing up and Raymond Cajuste is one of them who valued that music and evolved with it. So, if anyone of us can go back to the 1960's, we can also remember Bossa Combo with the huge hit song"Ret Sezi". Bossa Combo wasn't called big band then until later on in the 1990s

Raymond Cajuste doesn't need any introduction in this business because of a long lasting career and the subliminal consistency of songs that will last a lifetime and talk about as long as this earth remains in place, notably "Chere Madame, Racines, Te Quiero", and so many others.

As far as I can remember if my memory doesn't default me, Raymond Cajuste was always synonymous with the name Bossa Combo or Big band. Raymond Cajuste is one individual who scrutinizes himself in order to create a perfect composition. He is a tremendous singer, songwriter, arranger, composer. The revealing album for me that highlighted Raymond Cajuste career is the album Racines. He also stamped that song "Racines" with his voice and a powerful lyric that reminded us of a tumultuous journey of an ancestor imported from an African tribe to our homeland. His inspiration is dynamic and contagious.

I remember a long time ago I was headed to downtown Port-Au-Prince from Carrefour, Mont-Repos, Raymond along with Jean-Michel and Bertho were also on the bus felicitating Skahshah for their album "Message" not knowing a hardcore Skahshah fan was in the front seat listening to that conversation. I was delighted to hear those comments coming from him. It takes a great one to know one.

As I often even reminded to shorten my posts in order to allow others to read them so I am doing just that here. Otherwise, Mr. Cajuste would have enabled me to write a book based on his life in our musical culture.

Raymond Cajuste is one of the great legends who is still alive and making music as we speak. So Mr. Cajuste, if you are reading this, I am personally thanking you for a lifetime of commitment to our culture and particularly our popular Kompa Direk. You are a true artist and an icon of our Kompa Direk history. Your legacy will live forever.

Written by Jason Accime aka Shah

Attachments
Raymond.jpg
Raymond.jpg (78.16 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
shah

Re: Raymond Cajuste, Haitian Icon of the Big Band Bossa Combo!

Postby jay1804 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:12 pm

It's funny, not too long ago I purchased a Bossa Album "Accolade" from iTunes and I was listening to songs ki te pote anpil bel memoire lem tap grandi listening to the songs "Chere Madame, Vanite, Courage" My God. Mizik sa yo fem souri brother. Nenpot moun ki remen konpa vre, album sa yo "ARE MUST HAVES" wow. Another great piece My Bro, Shah. Keep them coming bro. Bel Bagay brother.
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

MUSIC